Unique question about Youtube banners

Proximafull

Reaction score
Hi there guys! so i was having some issues my YT banner looking low quality after uploaded to YT (being compressed). So after browsing some YT channels, i found this guy banner having a .PNG banner worth of 1.4Mb ??

YT user : user/devsain (cannot post links due to post limit)

How? ive looked at all the major channels and i havent seen anything like it. And that guy's banner has good quality too, not compressed as YT does to my banners. I tried uploading that banner to my channel to see if there was something special about it and obviously it didnt worked, because of the 1Mb limit.

Is this some kind of trick/exploit or he has some other YT special features just for him? thanks in advance.

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do you know what file size his background is? Anyway.. If you save a Web & device in PS then JPEG then you will get a perfect quality background within the 1mb limit.
That's how you preserve the quality, if you just save as then Png or jpeg will make it look awful.

Tip: Never use PNG for backgrounds, it's not as good when uploaded as JPEG.

Proximafull

Reaction score
How do you know what file size his background is? Anyway.. If you save a Web & device in PS then JPEG then you will get a perfect quality background within the 1mb limit.
That's how you preserve the quality, if you just save as then Png or jpeg will make it look awful.

Tip: Never use PNG for backgrounds, it's not as good when uploaded as JPEG.
Thanks for the tip. Well, you right click on his background and select View Image background. Then you right click it and View Image Info. It will show you the size. You can save it and it will be 1.4mb on your PC. Try to upload it. It wont work as i said. Strange stuff.