Understanding your subscribers behavior

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi fellow YouTubers :)

I have been doing youtube for about half a year now and my channel is going great the amount of viewers who watches my videos has increased very much recently together with my revenue but problem is I don't manage to generate any new subscribers :( I have received feedback about that I should do some commentary, tell about the specs and that users are attracted to personalities which is some very good advice.

But I have seen similar channels like Marchettino, NM2255 Car HD Videos, JB013 - Supercar Videos and Winding Road Magazine who hasn't done any of that stuff (or less often) and yet they have still managed to build successful channels yes I know that most of their videos are a bit more up to date by having more videos with all the new cars that has been released recently plus they also get to test drive them but overall I think I have done a pretty good effort to keep up best as possible :)

I would love to hear you guys input/feedback is it really that bad? :)

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and wish you all the best out there :D

Good luck :up2:

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
ut I have seen similar channels like Marchettino, NM2255 Car HD Videos, JB013 - Supercar Videos and Winding Road Magazine
I'm gonna be real with you here, so know that anything I'm saying here is intended constructive feedback.

You say their channels are similar to yours, but they're not. Those channels have outstanding quality 60 fps videos, actual test runs, more in-depth look of the cars, and even some commentary.

Yours is 720p, which is already an outdated resolution, especially in this genre, and it doesn't even look like 720p quality. Your camera is shaky, you can see your body's reflection on your shots, a lot of time it's just you pointing directly at the whole car with no adjustment, some poor angles of the interior, most of the cars aren't even exotic, NO commentary, and NO test runs. It's just 30 seconds of you pointing a camera at random angles. If I just wanted to see the car, I'll google images of the car where they're higher resolution and provides more detail.

overall I think I have done a pretty good effort to keep up best as possible
For a beginner, sure, you're treading along the right direction, but in terms of keeping up, you're not close. You have to be real with yourself here. Note all the things those other channels are doing. Your goal is to do them better. If you think you have what it takes to make it better, then do that. Right now, be impartial with yourself and know that you're not there yet.

Reactions: KingRay111

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes talking about the specs can open doors for people who are interested in car I think that route suits you

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm no car expert so I won't comment much on that aspect. But I do know people invest in people, so having commentary and showing your personality is important. Also there doesn't seem to be a call to action to get people to subscribe at the end. I watched a few videos and your description section is blank. Youtube uses that, especially the first 2-3 lines to help people find your videos. Also it's good that you're using a lot of tags, but you're not using them effectively. It's better to use compound tags of 2-6 words like "Ford Mustang" than two tags "Ford" and "Mustang." Also I think having font on your thumbnails would be helpful. Your thumbnails don't tell me much about what your video will be about.

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm gonna be real with you here, so know that anything I'm saying here is intended constructive feedback.

You say their channels are similar to yours, but they're not. Those channels have outstanding quality 60 fps videos, actual test runs, more in-depth look of the cars, and even some commentary.

Yours is 720p, which is already an outdated resolution, especially in this genre, and it doesn't even look like 720p quality. Your camera is shaky, you can see your body's reflection on your shots, a lot of time it's just you pointing directly at the whole car with no adjustment, some poor angles of the interior, most of the cars aren't even exotic, NO commentary, and NO test runs. It's just 30 seconds of you pointing a camera at random angles. If I just wanted to see the car, I'll google images of the car where they're higher resolution and provides more detail.

For a beginner, sure, you're treading along the right direction, but in terms of keeping up, you're not close. You have to be real with yourself here. Note all the things those other channels are doing. Your goal is to do them better. If you think you have what it takes to make it better, then do that. Right now, be impartial with yourself and know that you're not there yet.
Thanks for you detailed feedback I have looked at some of the top ranking videos and will try come up with something better in order to make my videos more professional but when I record I think the quality is pretty good what camera would you recommend in order to get those 60 fps videos?

I never noticed the difference :)[DOUBLEPOST=1466629531,1466545756][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi Guys

I appreciate all the feedback you have been giving me and I have taking it in consideration and watch a couple of the top ranking videos to see how the professionals are doing it. ;)

So today I was out shooting a new video and I think it became very good it is probably the best video I have made so far please have a look it. :)

It is the first one on the front page. :)

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The Quality is much better. the filming is also better. but you should either add a voiceover giving specifications of the car. or if your not wanting to do that. add some subtle background music at least. and have text giving the specs

Reactions: KingRay111