Understanding SocialBlade

JRuncie

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey all,

I've been using social blade to track projections, views, estimated earnings etc. I like it as a 10k mile view status. That being said I am still trying to wrap my mind around how the rankings work. How do you distinguish between a C, a C+ a D, or an A?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Dribbling Excadrill

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been using social blade to track projections, views, estimated earnings etc. I like it as a 10k mile view status. That being said I am still trying to wrap my mind around how the rankings work. How do you distinguish between a C, a C+ a D, or an A?

Any thoughts are appreciated.
From what I can tell, the grade is dependent on how influential you are on youtube. The better the grade, the higher the influence

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Quoting SB on this:
"
When Social Blade was created we first just listed rankings based on number of subscribers and number of views, but it quickly became evident that this was not an accurate indicator of how people were actually doing on YouTube.

Someone could have a bazillion subscribers that they cheated to get without having any actual views. The SB ranking system aims to measure a channel's influence based on a variety of metrics including average view counts and amount of "other channel" widgets listed in.

If you have a A+, A, or A- SB rank, then you can consider yourself very influential on YouTube. If you're not there quite yet, don't fret - just keep up the good work! "

So basically, it's a combination of your views, subs, any other channels you have listed and their potential, etc...

Dribbling Excadrill

I've Got It
Reaction score
Quoting SB on this:
"
When Social Blade was created we first just listed rankings based on number of subscribers and number of views, but it quickly became evident that this was not an accurate indicator of how people were actually doing on YouTube.

Someone could have a bazillion subscribers that they cheated to get without having any actual views. The SB ranking system aims to measure a channel's influence based on a variety of metrics including average view counts and amount of "other channel" widgets listed in.

If you have a A+, A, or A- SB rank, then you can consider yourself very influential on YouTube. If you're not there quite yet, don't fret - just keep up the good work! "

So basically, it's a combination of your views, subs, any other channels you have listed and their potential, etc...
Yeah I read that part too. I think its like how active your subscribers are and if you reach a bigger audience than your subscriber count that helps too

Reactions: JRuncie