Understanding my traffic source data and looking for opportunities

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

My channel is going well but I feel like I'm missing out on opportunities. I'm trying my hardest to interrogate my analytics but it just raises more questions and I get frustrated that I cannot come up with any effective plans of action.

Here are my main traffic source stats:

So a we can see nearly all my traffic (93%) comes from Suggested videos and Browse features, which I supposed is a good thing as it's all organic traffic. Is everything else being so low compared to that mad, or usual? Are there any of the smaller sources you think a channel with 10m+ views should be doing better at?

So looking first at my suggested videos. Out of the top 20, 13 are my own videos and 7 are other people's videos. This is quite consistent across all of the suggested videos. Is this a decent ratio? Yes we want people leaving other videos to come to our content, but we also want people watching more of our content. I won't ask how to get into more peoples video suggestions as I know there's no magic formula!

Now looking at browse features:

So basically all my traffic comes from 'Home'. Before that, again, are any of the other stats surprisingly low? I feel the subscription figure is low, but then I do have low subs (3,500) compared to views, so gaining subs is definitely something I should do.

So 'Home' is defined as: The homepage/home screen, including both signed-in and signed-out viewers. So basically this is when someone logs into Youtube, they are seeing my videos on their homescreen. Again this is a good thing as it's YT suggesting my content, correct? Is making sure you get onto the home screen a bit of a mystery like video suggestions?

Any help on all of this would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, it's going pretty well, but I worry I'm missing out.

(after feedback specifically on what I've posted in this thread rather than a channel review. Let me know if it's impossible without seeing the channel)

Attachments