Unboxing camera video

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I have two channnels. One for my business and a personal. Should i post an unboxing camera video to the business one or personal? Or could I post it to both?

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well, this completely depends on what your business channel is about. Does the unboxing fit the content of your business channel? Will appeal to the same target group? If yes, you can post it there, if not, I would post it to your personal channel.
Also, Youtube won't allow you to upload the same file twice, even if it is on seperate channels. One of the videos could also be seen as stolen content, since the videos will be identical and not everyone knows that both channels are yours.

Reactions: nad

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Also, Youtube won't allow you to upload the same file twice, even if it is on seperate channels. One of the videos could also be seen as stolen content, since the videos will be identical and not everyone knows that both channels are yours.
Not true. I have a secondary channel that I abandoned in favor of my main and I had to reupload the same videos on the main channel that were already on this second channel. The only thing I had to do was to whitelist the secondary channel, so my ContentID doesn't detect them as potential claims, but this is unrelated to his case. If you post the same video on same channel then YouTube shows it as duplicate and you have to delete it, but you can post same video on as many channels as you wish. I am not deleting the videos on my secondary channel, since some of them have hundreds of thousands of views and they still attract viewers and subscribers.

I have two channnels. One for my business and a personal. Should i post an unboxing camera video to the business one or personal? Or could I post it to both?
You can post on both and if one of them doesn't perform that well after some weeks, you can always delete it. Personally I would post it only on one channel, since maintaining same videos on several channels is a huge additional effort (personal experience).

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
The only thing I had to do was to whitelist the secondary channel, so my ContentID doesn't detect them as potential claims, but this is unrelated to his case. If you post the same video on same channel then YouTube shows it as duplicate and you have to delete it, but you can post same video on as many channels as you wish.
Oooh, sorry, didn't know you could white list channels! And I was indeed confused with that YT doesn't let you upload the same video on the same channel, sorry 'bout that!

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oooh, sorry, didn't know you could white list channels!
You can't. Only accounts with ContentID can whitelist channels, so videos uploaded on these whitelisted channels are not detected and false claimed, that will need to be released later. It saves me lot of work that I don't have to manually release claims on my own uploads. As I wrote for his case it's unrelated.

And I was indeed confused with that YT doesn't let you upload the same video on the same channel, sorry 'bout that!
Yep, YouTube decided that it makes no sense to have the same video on same channel, even if there are cases when it can be useful - for example having same video uploaded several times and each one embedded on different sites with different captions, getting comments from different groups of people, etc.