Unable to see monetization options

Retroverted

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am having a difficult time monetizing my videos. As shown in the screenshots, the monetization feature is enabled and linked to an Adsense account. The channel itself is in good standing, never had a copyright strike, guideline strike, and is not associated with a network. However, none of my videos, either old or newly uploaded have any option to monetize them. The dropdown menu contains no $ sign and the in the edit section of the video manager there is no monetization tab along the top. The help feature does not allow me to email youtube directly, though I have left feedback several times with no response. Is there any way to fix this?

Untitled2.png Untitled1.png

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
well, I don't know how to fix the problem you are talking about but I can tell you how to fix another problem.

your youtube account isn't properly linked to your profile. go back to your profile settings, and instead of using your channel name, is the random looking jibberish that follows "channel/" on your youtube channel page.

derikku

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hey i had that problem also at first. there sum set up that u have to do. if you go on youtube there are some guides to help you

Retroverted

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
well, I don't know how to fix the problem you are talking about but I can tell you how to fix another problem.

your youtube account isn't properly linked to your profile. go back to your profile settings, and instead of using your channel name, is the random looking jibberish that follows "channel/" on your youtube channel page.
I'm afraid I'm not understanding your advice. Which profile are you referring to, that the Youtube channel is improperly linked to the Google account? I'm trying everything I can think of to fix this issue so I would like to see if what you suggested has any impact.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
What @Retroverted is asking is: is your YouTube channel properly linked to a Google Plus Brand Page? It looks to me as though the videos you have uploaded may have been found to be non-advertiser-friendly. This is the only situation which fits what you are describing. If you would properly link your channel to your profile here, I could take a look at your content and determine if I am right.

Note that constantly submitting videos to the Partner Program which turn out to be non-monetizable can get you disqualified for video monetization altogether. Also if what I think has happened has, there should be a way on the video edit page to ask for a review of the video to see if this is actually the case or if the YouTube algorithm has made a mistake. You may have simply sent the wrong type of feedback. Try again, and this time ask for a human review of your content; you will need to do this for each affected video individually.

Last edited:

Retroverted

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What @Retroverted is asking is: is your YouTube channel properly linked to a Google Plus Brand Page? It looks to me as though the videos you have uploaded may have been found to be non-advertiser-friendly. This is the only situation which fits what you are describing. If you would properly link your channel to your profile here, I could take a look at your content and determine if I am right.

Note that constantly submitting videos to the Partner Program which turn out to be non-monetizable can get you disqualified for video monetization altogether. Also if what I think has happened has, there should be a way on the video edit page to ask for a review of the video to see if this is actually the case or if the YouTube algorithm has made a mistake. You may have simply sent the wrong type of feedback. Try again, and this time ask for a human review of your content; you will need to do this for each affected video individually.

I believe I should have the channel properly linked here now. Channel info below just in case:

/channel/UC3RnaP5ucsvIZXm24-D6KYw

Being non-advertiser friendly seems to be what most people think is the issue. However, my channel is mostly video game content and several companies such as Nintendo have put ad's on my videos featuring their products. None of the videos have offensive titles or tags, and none of the games are even rated M. What I can't understand is why I don't even have a monetization tab on the video edit page or the drop down menu next to any video at all, despite the channel overview page showing all green and approved to monetize. I will look into the idea of asking for a human review.

Thanks for your time, appreciate any help or suggestions.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I believe I should have the channel properly linked here now. Channel info below just in case:

/channel/UC3RnaP5ucsvIZXm24-D6KYw

Being non-advertiser friendly seems to be what most people think is the issue. However, my channel is mostly video game content and several companies such as Nintendo have put ad's on my videos featuring their products. None of the videos have offensive titles or tags, and none of the games are even rated M. What I can't understand is why I don't even have a monetization tab on the video edit page or the drop down menu next to any video at all, despite the channel overview page showing all green and approved to monetize. I will look into the idea of asking for a human review.

Thanks for your time, appreciate any help or suggestions.
Ah ha!

If your videos have garnered Content IDs to the point that the majority of them are being monetized by third party content owners, there's your problem in a nutshell. No video can be monetized by two people at once! Any video which is already showing ads for Nintendo, or any other game company has been 'claimed' by them; and the Monetization options will not be avaiiable to you as a result.

Retroverted

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ah ha!

If your videos have garnered Content IDs to the point that the majority of them are being monetized by third party content owners, there's your problem in a nutshell. No video can be monetized by two people at once! Any video which is already showing ads for Nintendo, or any other game company has been 'claimed' by them; and the Monetization options will not be avaiiable to you as a result.

Right, that I understand. But absolutely none of my videos have the option available and only several videos have any kind of copyright claim by a third party, hardly the majority. I even tried uploading a brand new freshly made video with no copyrightable content, still no option to monetize. It's as if my channel is not approved to monetize videos at all, despite the channel status page and the monetization page showing it as enabled.

crazyjere

Reaction score
Right, that I understand. But absolutely none of my videos have the option available and only several videos have any kind of copyright claim by a third party, hardly the majority. I even tried uploading a brand new freshly made video with no copyrightable content, still no option to monetize. It's as if my channel is not approved to monetize videos at all, despite the channel status page and the monetization page showing it as enabled.

Upon searching your channel name in Socialblade reveals that your entire channel is being "owned" by Square Enix.. the company that made the FF series. which explains why your other stuff are also monetised under a 3rd party and not yourself.
This can happen if majority of your content is made in their copyright favour. Its best that you write in to youtube creator support to ask for help for your other un-copyrighted content.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Note that constantly submitting videos to the Partner Program which turn out to be non-monetizable by you as creator can get you disqualified for video monetization altogether.
This is what it looks like to me; your ability to monetize has been suspended even though your channel status says you are eligible; most likely due to the number of third-party monetized videos on your channel. As @crazyjere said, your best option is to take this up with YouTube Support.