Umm I want,to change my channel name

Ken__STACKS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Guys as said in the title i want to channel name from my current to my username but is it too late or it's probably better (that includes changing my channel banner and other stuff) im conflicted please help!!!

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
Guys as said in the title i want to channel name from my current to my username but is it too late or it's probably better (that includes changing my channel banner and other stuff) im conflicted please help!!!
When you say you want to change your name, do you mean the name in your URL or the name in your actual Youtube username? For the URL, you have to have over a certain amount of subscribers to get the chance to change it, but your username should be somewhere if you go your dashboard, click the channel tab, click advanced settings and a change icon will show up next to your name, where you can change it.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the branding discussion forum. =)

Noah Richardson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
When you say you want to change your name, do you mean the name in your URL or the name in your actual Youtube username? For the URL, you have to have over a certain amount of subscribers to get the chance to change it, but your username should be somewhere if you go your dashboard, click the channel tab, click advanced settings and a change icon will show up next to your name, where you can change it.
I believe he means he wants to rebrand, not that he doesn't know how to.

You can rebrand at any time you want, but you have to make sure that your subscribers know that only the look and name of the channel are changing, not the content of the channel itself. Check out this other forum post to see more about it. yttalk.com/threads/how-do-i-successfully-re-brand.265125/

KaylasToybox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do not think it's too late. We had 1000+ subs when I changed our channel name and custom url. As long as you inform your subscribers, I think it should be fine.

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I started my channel name was Rohan.But because of custom URL was unavailable on that name.So I changed my channel name to Rohan TV.What I did is just make a short video on my channel about the reason why changed my name so that my subscribers don't get confused.Agree with kaylasToybox, It's fine as long as you inform your subscribers :)

Kinan Media

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Here is step by step, updated, and easy guide on how to change your Channel Name on YouTube.
For this, you need to be using a computer first. Then, open your favorite browser, and go to youtube.com. Enter your email address and password, and sign in your Google account. after signing in follow these steps:
1. Click on your Thumb Image at top right corner of any YouTube page.
2.Click on the “Creator Studio” button.
3. Then click on the “View Channel” link.
4. Then click on the “Settings Icon”.
5. Go to the “Advanced Settings” link.
6. Click “Edit” to edit your channel name.
7. Now click the “Change” button near your channel’s name.
8. Now type a different name you wish to have for everyone to view your channel as.
9. Click OK to save the changes. And you’re done!

Ok, God Bless You

Noah Richardson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Here is step by step, updated, and easy guide on how to change your Channel Name on YouTube.
For this, you need to be using a computer first. Then, open your favorite browser, and go to youtube.com. Enter your email address and password, and sign in your Google account. after signing in follow these steps:
1. Click on your Thumb Image at top right corner of any YouTube page.
2.Click on the “Creator Studio” button.
3. Then click on the “View Channel” link.
4. Then click on the “Settings Icon”.
5. Go to the “Advanced Settings” link.
6. Click “Edit” to edit your channel name.
7. Now click the “Change” button near your channel’s name.
8. Now type a different name you wish to have for everyone to view your channel as.
9. Click OK to save the changes. And you’re done!

Ok, God Bless You

As I said above, he knows how to, he's just trying to figure out if it's worth doing as if you do it improperly it can confuse and lose you some subscribers.