UK YouTubers, do you prioritise the US?

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi YouTubers!

I am a UK based YouTuber and I started about 10 weeks ago. I started my YouTube channel as a platform to launch a business, however I am seeing people from the US are much more engaged than my UK people :(

Does anybody else find this? I get that the US is significantly bigger than the UK, but even taking that into consideration, I feel like UK viewers in my niche (marketing advice for small business) don't exist or they are less engaged.

Should I forget my fellow countrymen/women and focus my publishing schedule on US time? I'm conflicted...

Thanks,
Darren

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The biggest audience % from all my channels are in the US. Sometime up to 10 times UK. I dont mind whoever watches.

Reactions: Darren Taylor

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The biggest audience % from all my channels are in the US. Sometime up to 10 times UK. I dont mind whoever watches.
Does that affect what time you publish? Do you focus on publishing at US audience peak activity times?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I publish between 4-5pm GMT as that what TubeBuddy suggests

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
We always publish at 9pm GMT, our audience is fairly split between UK and USA, 9PM seems to be a sweet spot where the UK can see it and also hits americans.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi YouTubers!

I am a UK based YouTuber and I started about 10 weeks ago. I started my YouTube channel as a platform to launch a business, however I am seeing people from the US are much more engaged than my UK people :(

Does anybody else find this? I get that the US is significantly bigger than the UK, but even taking that into consideration, I feel like UK viewers in my niche (marketing advice for small business) don't exist or they are less engaged.

Should I forget my fellow countrymen/women and focus my publishing schedule on US time? I'm conflicted...

Thanks,
Darren
I think it's generally quite common for many audiences to be from the US, my technology channel was mostly watched by people from the US. That's why I post relatively late at 8 PM, mainly for the same reasons as @DigiBox

Just out of interest though, what business are you planning to launch. I'm assuming that it mustn't be an online based one if you're only wanting to reach UK viewers.

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's generally quite common for many audiences to be from the US, my technology channel was mostly watched by people from the US. That's why I post relatively late at 8 PM, mainly for the same reasons as @DigiBox

Just out of interest though, what business are you planning to launch. I'm assuming that it mustn't be an online based one if you're only wanting to reach UK viewers.
You're right. I want to launch a marketing consultancy, which is a location based business as there will be client meetings etc. however, I know people who do that 100% online, but I can't go into it with the expectation of being able to work exclusively online.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You're right. I want to launch a marketing consultancy, which is a location based business as there will be client meetings etc. however, I know people who do that 100% online, but I can't go into it with the expectation of being able to work exclusively online.
Ok, well yeah I wouldn't worry too much about it anyway, a 10-week old channel is still quite a new channel so you will undoubtedly grow over time. Good luck with the business in the future!

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok, well yeah I wouldn't worry too much about it anyway, a 10-week old channel is still quite a new channel so you will undoubtedly grow over time. Good luck with the business in the future!
Thank you! All the best for your channel too!

Reactions: Stike96