Typically, how much does it cost to do a colab with a big channel?

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hey man you do you. Getting a collab with a huge channel is totally worth it! I’ve never heard of it being paid for, but if you can and your comfortable with it, then do it!

It’s your money. Do what you want! :D
Who even does this though? I kinda don't see Markiplier collabing with a random nobody even if you throw money at him. Besides if they do that, it kinda opens the door for everyone to start 'hiring' the guy/gal to collab with them and it might become annoying to them.

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Who even does this though? I kinda don't see Markiplier collabing with a random nobody even if you throw money at him. Besides if they do that, it kinda opens the door for everyone to start 'hiring' the guy/gal to collab with them and it might become annoying to them.
Well it's their money, I'd imagine it's not done often because collabs can be a positive thing to both channels as both audiences can see the other's content.

Markiplier wouldn't pay as he is one of the largest subbed channels and anyone would see that collaborating with him would be a HUGE gain in the channel. Really if if you have almost the same amount of subs as him, you'd still get a huge gain from his subs.

I'd assume you'd have to do it in private, perhaps on a messaging system. Think of it really like an ad sponsorship. You're paying for yourself to be in a video.

It's already been done before, like patreon users asking for donations for shoutouts.

Example would be berb and his patreon shoutout each month.

Heck even onision has one (although I do not like onision) where if you donate (250) you even get his personal phone number :I )

It's really no different than donating for shoutouts.

I mean on the plus side it might work, both sides are happy! One gets maybe 1000 and the other gets subs! (maybe)

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well it's their money, I'd imagine it's not done often because collabs can be a positive thing to both channels as both audiences can see the other's content.

Markiplier wouldn't pay as he is one of the largest subbed channels and anyone would see that collaborating with him would be a HUGE gain in the channel. Really if if you have almost the same amount of subs as him, you'd still get a huge gain from his subs.

I'd assume you'd have to do it in private, perhaps on a messaging system. Think of it really like an ad sponsorship. You're paying for yourself to be in a video.

It's already been done before, like patreon users asking for donations for shoutouts.

Example would be berb and his patreon shoutout each month.

Heck even onision has one (although I do not like onision) where if you donate (250) you even get his personal phone number :I )

It's really no different than donating for shoutouts.

I mean on the plus side it might work, both sides are happy! One gets maybe 1000 and the other gets subs! (maybe)
Not that would I would do it (no money, no time), but I wonder who these big-name Youtubers are and what are there prices. I have seen the shout outs in other videos of bigger Youtubers, but I didn't know they were paid for.

Does the messaging system on Youtube even work anymore?

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Not that would I would do it (no money, no time), but I wonder who these big-name Youtubers are and what are there prices. I have seen the shout outs in other videos of bigger Youtubers, but I didn't know they were paid for.

Does the messaging system on Youtube even work anymore?
Depending on the youtubers go I know for a fact Berb does shoutouts, onision too, Nixxiom does something like that.

A lot of youtubers use it as kinda like a "give me money and I'll say your name" type of deal

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
If you have the money you can get collaborations and much more, it's just business (LOL @ the "horrible person" statement, I can agree that free collaboration are much more genuine and pleasant, but calling somebody horrible just because they choose to develop their brand in a different way is absurd)

There are videos around proving that some people in Team 10 paid for the exposure, and while I have no proof of this, I'm pretty certain that Andy Altig guy paid his way into the Paul brothers vlogs. Would you really think Logan out of the blue would start featuring prominently somebody in his vlogs who's not a long time collaborator/friend?

Reactions: Digital Beast

theResidentPsychopath

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
rewards.webtalk.co
Channel Type
Gamer
I would put that money for video shares on social media influencers accounts. You can find some on Fiverr but be careful. Some are bogus traffic or subs, and that would be bad. But some have legitimate social accounts with hundreds of thousands of real followers, and your analytics will be where you see the difference. Traffic sources, watch time, etc. $1k will go a long way with influencers, and its basically the same thing.