Typically, how much does it cost to do a colab with a big channel?

Gigantics

Reaction score
You don't pay for a collab, if you message a big youtuber and ask them to do a collab with you, they might see your message and respond, and do a collab with you (that's quite a big budget XD).

Life of a Film maker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You don't pay for a collab, if you message a big youtuber and ask them to do a collab with you, they might see your message and respond, and do a collab with you (that's quite a big budget XD).
Paying for a colab is definitely a thing. Same thing like how music artist pay for features from other artist. You could just message them but it’s very unlikely to happen

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Huh, I've never really heard of anyone paying for a collab. I've only seen them done between friends or for promotion. I'm sure it is a thing though. I agree with Gigantics in saying that most respectable Youtubers wouldn't accept money for a collab, but I guess it could help to grab their attention?? I think $1000 would be either be way too little or way more than enough for most Youtubers, really depends on who you're asking & whether they're a decent person or not haha

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I think when money is exchanged like that it’s more a sponsor deal. Sure they’ll plug you, your product, your channel. But it’s a partnership thing not a true collab

Reactions: tahlia

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1000$ is quite a lot of money to promote a YouTube channel so be carefull how you spend it dude:) I am sure there are big channels out there who would accept your money and feature one of your videos.. I have been lucky enough to have one of my videos featured on a much bigger channel (in same nice of course, and that is important). The guy did it for free cause he liked my videos and I had to do nothing at all...It was awesome and I gained a lot of subs over night:up2: I suggest you contact the channels you would like to work with and see if there is a change of a collab with no money involved....Again 1000$ is a lot of money for promotion (if spend right)...

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've heard some horror stories about large channels that will take money and then drag their feet on mentioning the other channel, and when they do, it's in an off-handed way that doesn't make the money worth it. I think it's better to try to find channels that are larger, but not so large that you're basically just paying for some advertising space, and to try to build up a reputation for excellence that will make other channels want to collab with you.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I imagine big channels get many collab requests daily. So anyone who is willing to pay for a collab would be at the top of pile.
Most channels will have contact options on their home page or through there Twitter links etc for you to connect with.