Two years and only 535 Subs! Is Something Wrong?

Rallex

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey guys, My name is Rallex. I've been working super hard on my channel, making Vlogs and what I think is entertaining gaming videos but I'm not getting much views and Subs have stopped coming in. Am I doing something wrong? What can I do or what do I change? I feel like there is just something stopping me and I want to get over it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBUjskDhmFL52xRNJkyl1Qw

abbe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
nothings wrong with 535 subscribers especially if you only been doing this for 2 years.
your views seem way too low for 500+ subscribers though.

silverwolfer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
you run a daily life vlog ontop of a gaming play video. I didn't go further back , but it could be folks showed up for game records but left when you talk about yourself.

Content flow seems to show they want to see you play not yack about what you did that day.

Presentation seems well enough, just you had something that worked and looks like you flood it with content that most of your subscribers don't care about.

Rallex

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
you run a daily life vlog ontop of a gaming play video. I didn't go further back , but it could be folks showed up for game records but left when you talk about yourself.

Content flow seems to show they want to see you play not yack about what you did that day.

Presentation seems well enough, just you had something that worked and looks like you flood it with content that most of your subscribers don't care about.
So should I have to different channels? One Vlog channel and then a gaming channel?

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Reaction score
Website
www.sibernethy.com
Channel Type
Gamer
So should I have to different channels? One Vlog channel and then a gaming channel?
What was your reason for going into Youtube to begin with? That could reveal some very important clues as to what you're best off doing.

Rallex

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What was your reason for going into Youtube to begin with? That could reveal some very important clues as to what you're best off doing.
I was always in the camera recording me doing random crap and loved recording my tv screen and playing video games. I took it up a notch and wanted to make people smile and laugh and watch me be stupid in games and wanted people to be part of my life also with Vlogs.

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
nothings wrong with 535 subscribers especially if you only been doing this for 2 years.
your views seem way too low for 500+ subscribers though.
Nothing wrong? Omg please don't give advice like that, he has 840 videos! only 500 subs and 1,500 monthly views! EVERYTHING IS WRONG, he needs help asap.

Hey guys, My name is Rallex. I've been working super hard on my channel, making Vlogs and what I think is entertaining gaming videos but I'm not getting much views and Subs have stopped coming in. Am I doing something wrong? What can I do or what do I change? I feel like there is just something stopping me and I want to get over it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBUjskDhmFL52xRNJkyl1Qw
Hi there, first of all your channel will be one of few that I will use a case study to show in my next video which will be talking about so called YouTube gurus who give useless advise to new creators. For example, continue making videos and you will be noticed, well you have 840 videos and only and 535 subs and ONLY 1,500 monthly views, which means you not even getting 1 view per day per video.

840 videos and an average of 40 views per day - this a red flag to stop YouTube or completely re-brand your channel.

Here are few free tips I can give you today.
Normally I would say that you need paid channel promotion, but not in your case, you don't even have solid foundation.
so first you need to change:
1. Titles - you are using wrong title with short keywords that you will not be able to compete with.
2. Thumbnail - Look if you not Brat Pit or Leonardo Dicaprio, stop putting your face on thumbnail, I don't want to be mean, but it is not working. Your thumbnails are examples of how you should not do them. For your gaming videos why you copy paste same thumbnail and only change name? Again you need creative titles and thumbnail.
3. VLOGS - you have 840 videos but your latest vlogs looks like you only started editing yesterday after watching 5 min tutorial same for your shoots creativity. Just watch this video How To Vlog by Casey neistat it should point you in the right direction.

Conclusion, if you had 10-20 videos I would say you need to read more and start from the start but you have 840 videos I don't think reading will help much, you need professional guidance advice on how to create good thumbnail, write good titles, how to record vlogs and paid channel promotion. If you are interested PM me, I can double your total channel views in less that a month.

Reactions: Quick Question

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
in my next video which will be talking about so called YouTube gurus who give useless advise to new creators.
the irony in this sentence is beautiful. don't put your face on your thumbnail unless you are attractive is a ridiculous statement, this is just not true at all, its a scientific fact that using faces in thumbnails especially if your looking in to the camera draws the eye of the viewer. you do not have to be attractive to be in the thumbnails, your not exactly brad pitt and yet your face is on your last 3 thumbnails. your not even using your own advice!

and as for your monetisation video, thats just plain wrong, people are so used to seeing ads on youtube that no one will care if videos have ad's on, and those that do care already have youtube red or adblock

some of your other points in your comment are right but you should try being nice and polite, you come across as rude and arrogant

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
the irony in this sentence is beautiful. don't put your face on your thumbnail unless you are attractive is a ridiculous statement, this is just not true at all, its a scientific fact that using faces in thumbnails especially if your looking in to the camera draws the eye of the viewer. you do not have to be attractive to be in the thumbnails, your not exactly brad pitt and yet your face is on your last 3 thumbnails. your not even using your own advice!

and as for your monetisation video, thats just plain wrong, people are so used to seeing ads on youtube that no one will care if videos have ad's on, and those that do care already have youtube red or adblock

some of your other points in your comment are right but you should try being nice and polite, you come across as rude and arrogant
Do you even understand word FACE? please check dictionary before you say something.
Did you even review his channel ?
Did you give any advice to him?
Don't spam a thread if you have nothing to say.

Now to your so called comments about my post.

1. I do not put my FACE that takes more than 50% of thumbnail exactly in the same position for each video.
I put my upper body with my hands, that is in different position for each video with completely different background and text style. If you don't see difference between face and all upper body part, I am sorry can help you here, book visit to Specsavers.

2. About monetization video - First of all with YouTube there is no clear answer that will work 100% of the time and I was giving my opinion based on some facts, for example Its better to have ad free content if you wont make any money from ads, that is a fact. Every subs is important when you have 0 so even if only 1-2 of 10 will get annoyed because there is an ad on video and skip its a big loss, that a fact too.

Now did I ask you to review my channel ? did I ask you for help? is it thread about me ? The answer is NO, so who the hell do you think you are to say my video is plain wrong, the only thing that is wrong in these thread is you.

Added.
Just noticed your text under avatar, that's explains everything you are of those "GURUS" that say make more videos to get noticed.

Last edited:

Rallex

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I didn't want to start a fight in the comments XD

1) For my Vlogs I'll change the thumbnails to probably a picture of somewhere I went and change it to black and white and add colored text for it.

2) The ads will come off

3) What kind of Title should I put for Vlogs? I'm unsure