Two people delivering content... Person not talking is nodding... Super awkward?

Iain

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What are you supposed to do then?
Just sit there and stare into the camera? :p
No, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that constantly nodding when not talking - like all the way through, even to things being said that can't really be nodded to / something isn't said that could be nodded to - looks really awkward and has been added to solve the blank stare problem, but creates another.

More natural would be occasionally looking towards the person talking, then back to camera, then to different points in the room. As someone would do whilst listening or in conversation with someone else... And then yes, nodding, but at points being made that they agree with... Not constantly, even at the start of sentences, for example...

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I kinda think it's always the case, i don't see it as 'on the rise' unless duos in general are on the rise. I never noticed but I'm probably guilty of the same thing. I know my ex would usually be checking her phone at times, or if there's an unboxing video we're fumbling with the box or items as someone else is talking.

Liam O’Doyle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Reviewer
What are you supposed to do then?
Just sit there and stare into the camera? :p
Just like, interact! Look at the person talking and make it a bit more dynamic! Both talking about bouncing off each other is far more engaging to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk