Two of My Most Burning Questions

BossHogg FGF

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have two seperate but equal questions that have been driving me crazy.

Question 1: I understand the concept of "Branding" however YouTube has given me the option to convert my channel over from a standard channel to a "Brand Account". (ie. Settings > Advanced > Overview > Account Information > "Move channel to Brand Account")
Should I make this move and how would this affect my channel?

Question 2: Once you have changed styles of your thumbnails and you have seen the difference between one particular format versus another, is it worth the time and energy to go and re-create all of your video thumbnails so your channel remains consistent? (I have 17 videos and 13 of them would need updating.)

Hopefully my questions aren't too convoluted, but here they are. I can further explain if necessary.

Oscar J Stones

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Cartoonist, Animator, Other
In terms of the thumbnails I think it really depends on A) How much time the new thumbnail format takes to make and B) if the new thumbnails make it more likely that people will watch/ rewatch older videos. Personally I prefer to be able to see how a channel has grown/ improved over time so I'd leave them, but I can understand why people would want to keep overall consistency in their channels branding as well

BossHogg FGF

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
In terms of the thumbnails I think it really depends on A) How much time the new thumbnail format takes to make and B) if the new thumbnails make it more likely that people will watch/ rewatch older videos. Personally I prefer to be able to see how a channel has grown/ improved over time so I'd leave them, but I can understand why people would want to keep overall consistency in their channels branding as well
Thanks bud! I was beginning to wonder if anyone saw these questions I posted. Luckily the newer thumbnail format is extremely easy versus the older formatting. And I definitely see what you mean about looking at overall growth. I suppose I will leave them up just to show how much the channel has grown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Oscar J Stones