Two copyright strikes: Video sample and for using Thumbnail

NMRKOB

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger
I received today two strikes claimed by the same person. First one is a video sample where i had permission to use but i had to mention credits(that was the deal). The second strike is about a custom thumbnail where i used an image indeed but i used an image from image search labeled for reuse with modification.

Strike 1 Reason by claimand:
YouTube video was reuploaded by another user.
Strike 2 Reason by claimand:
Artwork: "Google+ Profile photo"

Please advice.

Thanks

N.R.Walters

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I received today two strikes claimed by the same person. First one is a video sample where i had permission to use but i had to mention credits(that was the deal). The second strike is about a custom thumbnail where i used an image indeed but i used an image from image search labeled for reuse with modification.

Strike 1 Reason by claimand:
YouTube video was reuploaded by another user.
Strike 2 Reason by claimand:
Artwork: "Google+ Profile photo"

Please advice.

Thanks
well you can contest the strikes, if you do have the rights to redistribute.

YouTube states the flowing in there support section: (support.google. com/youtube/answer/2814000?hl=en-GB)

"How to resolve a copyright strike
There are three ways to resolve a copyright strike.

1. Wait for it to expire: A copyright strike will expire in six months as long as you complete Copyright School and receive no additional copyright strikes during that time.

2. Get a retraction: You can contact the person who claimed your video and ask them to retract their claim of copyright infringement.

3. Submit a counter notification: If your video was mistakenly removed because it was misidentified as infringing, or qualifies as a potential fair use, you may wish to submit a counter notification."
hope that helped.

NMRKOB

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger
Thanks for your responds, i am in a doubt. Contact them by mail or the last one.

Well this is my situation, i am doing very good on one type of Niche and people even companies are trying to kick me from behind by reporting me so i make space for them.

However, if i go for the last option and that didn't worked out i have to wait 6months if they deny.[DOUBLEPOST=1401324782,1401323880][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh after a check up i see that the claimant in question is not representing the party in question. The gmail provided in the claim brings me to somewhere else.

N.R.Walters

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for your responds, i am in a doubt. Contact them by mail or the last one.

Well this is my situation, i am doing very good on one type of Niche and people even companies are trying to kick me from behind by reporting me so i make space for them.

However, if i go for the last option and that didn't worked out i have to wait 6months if they deny.[DOUBLEPOST=1401324782,1401323880][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh after a check up i see that the claimant in question is not representing the party in question. The gmail provided in the claim brings me to somewhere else.
From your original post if you had all the rights to use them then i would email them and explain to them what has happened. I talked to them via email the other day about moving my channel to a different G+ account and they where very pleasant about it, and i'm sure they will be happy to help.