Twitter paid ads - Useful for Youtubers?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Twitter have developed a way for customer to grow their following and have their tweets reach more people without creating specific ads or managing campaigns.

Twitter is testing a monthly subscription plan designed to boost the reach of power users, influencers, and small businesses. Users who pay the $99 fee will see their tweets automatically promoted onto the timelines of users that don’t currently follow them.

The program is currently in beta, and only a small subset of users that have previously tried Twitter Ads have been invited on board.

The landing page for Twitter’s new unnamed program reveals more details about the subscription plan, which is essentially a bundled package of ad products.

“Instead of creating and optimizing separate Twitter Ads campaigns yourself, this program will do the heavy lifting. You just need to continue using Twitter as you normally do — Tweeting updates, links, and media that you want a larger audience to see. Then, the promotion of your Tweets will be automated,” the page says.

The package includes a Promoted Account campaign for the entire month, and a Promoted Tweet campaign for the first 10 tweets a user sends each day – excluding replies and quote tweets. Subscribers can select either a metro region or an interest category to target when signing up, and will receive a “report card” at the end of each month, detailing “additional reach, followers, and engagements.”

This is currently in beta and they are offering a 30 day trial period.

More info and signup: https://business.twitter.com/en/a/amplify-your-message-automatically.html

If you follow the business news, you'll know that Twitter is in financial trouble. Their revenue was down 8% in the first quarter and the company doesn't make a profit. So this looks like a bit of a desperate attempt at trying to turn things around. I don't really see how this paid advertising can be successful. $99 / month is a lot of money to a small business / brand and I just don't see how they'd get a return on that investment.

Do you think this could be useful for small YouTubers trying to grow? Thoughts?

KudoJin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I am also curious about this. I've been wondering how to get word of this channel out to people, and since I want this separate from my usual identity I haven't been making many social media accounts with it and have only shared it's existence with a very small number of my already small group of IRL friends (meaning the usual "share to your friends" tip is not as effective for me). I've been looking into this, but I'm not sure if ads (of any kind) would be worth the money.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I think it could be useful for a channel that is starting to grow and getting good comments. ie, the concensus is that the channel really does have good content. Otherwise it's just a waste of money paying for traffic to poor content.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I got the e-mail for it. I'm actually tempted to try it because Twitter is one of my weaker points that I badly need to improve. If it can even return followers on Twitter alone and not necessarily improve my YouTube audience, I will consider that a win as far as increasing my influence.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it could be useful for a channel that is starting to grow and getting good comments. ie, the concensus is that the channel really does have good content. Otherwise it's just a waste of money paying for traffic to poor content.
I think that's the general rule for all promotion. You promote bad content and it just won't work, period. Not that I know from experience or anything.... But yeah, unless you get the trainwreck views or some weird niche, bad content is always just gonna fall flat with any promotion.

Mcrocks9

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If it was $10 dollars a month then sure I would do it but not for almost a $100. But I could see it being very beneficial for up and coming YouTubers.

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Sound very interesting and may benefit some vlog channels

Blerim

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have tried about a $100 with twitter ads it does work on the twitter side of it but I didn't really see a big difference on my YT channel,