1. Forewords
  2. Why have Twitter?
  3. Getting Started
  4. Who to follow?
  5. Advertising Tips's & Tricks
  6. Account Management
  7. ----
1. Forewords
So, you might wonder - How do you use twitter efficiently so you can advertise videos, gain subscribers and followers? This is the guide for you. I will go through some basics and some good tips and tricks how to use and manage your Twitter account as good as possible. Remember that i am not an expert and i am simply giving out all my knowledge about efficient twitter usage and advertisement.

2. Why have Twitter?
Twitter is a very polished social network just as any other, great ways to discuss and interact with people and strike conversations and talk about everything. So why should you have Twitter? Its a small and handy platform where you can automatically share your videos with. Linking your twitter with Youtube opens up tons of good sides.

Everytime you upload a video, Youtube shares it with your followers and they can keep up with your content. Also activity is also tracked on twitter, as an example - if you like a video, it gets shared on your Timeline. The best part is thou, when someone that also have linked their twitter with youtube - likes your video, you'll get notified about it. This way, you can discover twitter users that enjoy your content and so on, interacting with them as you do in the comment section.

If you are a content creator, i highly recommend this. The benefits are endless.

3. Getting Started
Before you start tweeting - Get Tweetdeck. Its a software made by twitter that makes the whole experience 100% better, easier and more fun. Download the standalone app to your desktop (PC/Mac) or download the Chrome/Firefox application. Get the phone applications aswell, Android/iOS and all other systems there are. Tweeting on the go is more fun than doing it stationary - but it all depends on which timezones that apply on those you are following.
So you might wonder, what the hell should i write here? Start off with following your favourite content creators. Go to their "Followers" list and look after some people to follow. Try to get your following count to around 70-100 during the first week. When those people tweet, ALWAYS interact with them by sending a short reply or a funny one just to keep it up. Activity is a very vital thing on twitter, keeping up to what people are doing (this especially applies to your favourite content creators) and also tweeting non-mentions. If you already have a nice fanbase on your Youtube channel, make a video about your twitter account - this way you might get a few followers. Also dont forget to put your twitter link on the links bar, in the "About Me" section on youtube. Many people prefer Twitter over Facebook due to the lighter and less personal platform.

Just keep at it. When you reached a good amount of followers - always follow them back for starters.
I do not recommend following back people until you have 100-200 more followers than the people you are following. Following people that follow back is another tactic i am gonna bring more up in the other chapters.

4. Who to Follow?
Now when your account is a bit bigger - its all about tactical following. Depending on your Content Creator Genre, you might have to do this differently. Basically you follow people that have LESS subscribers than you on Youtube but they tweet regularly and have a decent followbase. Interact with them and become friends with them. When your followers tweet, interact and talk to them on a regular basis - also when they talk to their own friends to get a foot in and maybe scoring a new follower or even a subscriber. Remember, interactions is the key to get your followerbase up in a decent pace.

Keep doing this until you have a good ratio between followers and people you follow.
When you reached this, its time for the next step.

5. Advertising Tips'n Tricks
So you are finally here where your followers and following ratio is quite good and now is the right time to grow really really fast. Its time to follow people back.

But before you start with doing this, you should not enable yourself to follow back others. This will screw up your previous good ratio.

THIS PART IS VITAL FOR YOUR SUBSCRIBER GROWTH
Go to http://www.justunfollow.com and enable your twitteraccount for the service.
Then in the main layout, go to "Automate"
Enable Automatic DM and write something and include your channel link.
EVERYTIME someone follows you, JustUnfollow will send them a message.
My automated message are the following.

"Thank you so much for the follow! Check out my channel if you want! :) http://www.youtube.com/user/Br00talHD"

Now follow these steps.
  1. Get a list of all your favourite Youtubers with similar content as you.
  2. Go to their followers list and scroll down until you have around 4000-5000 hits of twitter users.
  3. Use the browser function "Search" and search for the following keywords.
    "Follow Back" "Followback" #Followback #TeamFollowback

4. Follow all of them. Repeat until your youtuber list is finished.
  5. Wait one week, the Automatic DM function will pump out all the DM's and you will get replies. Encourage them to subscribe.
  6. Go to http://unfollowers.me/ and unfollow everyone that DOESN'T follow back.
  7. Repeat the procedure every week.
This above will provide you subscribers and followers. During the last two months i have gained over 120 subscribers. This works - My average video count have also gone up radically.

Now, when you got this covered you are gonna get a list of users that are RT-Users. They retweet your content. Everytime you uploaded a video, make sure you multi-mention those users so they can RT your stuff. Now for the Account Management part.

6. Account Management.
I recommend having 2 accounts. One account that are connected to your Youtube account and are your main account. The account you follow people with, tweet daily and interact with people with.

The second account are for the RT-List advertisements. The Tweetouts should be like this.

TEXT - Video Link - A few @ and your main account @.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

PDF UPLOADED
Good luck Creators.

Attachments

Last edited:

colevincent1

not just another vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I like this guide but I find the DM thing annoying. I get them all the time and it's no better than spam advertising in YouTube comments. I unfollow people who send those...
Other than that, great guide!

Reactions: JustSomeGermanDude

TheBatteryChicken

Level 34 Drug Dealer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Alternative guide

Make a twitter with a handle that is something related to sexy women

Post numerous pics a day of sexy women and naked women that you just got off of google image searches

Post your youtube every so often to the thousands of thirsty teenage boys that will be following you on twitter

kkushalbeatzz

The original, diabolical, kkushalbeatzz
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Alternative guide

Post numerous pics a day of sexy women and naked women that you just got off of google image searches

Post your youtube every so often to the thousands of thirsty teenage boys that will be following you on twitter
@ILikeGirlsDaily[DOUBLEPOST=1386693427,1386693371][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like this guide but I find the DM thing annoying. I get them all the time and it's no better than spam advertising in YouTube comments. I unfollow people who send those...
Other than that, great guide!
It really only sends it once. I guess it may bother some people, but most don't care.

Reactions: TheBatteryChicken

Jessica

Just a girl with a camera
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Great guide... I will try this and report back cap'n!

colevincent1

not just another vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Im actually starting to reconsider the DM messaging. I guess its not spam if its only sending it once :) Might try this out. However, I don't want to annoy my friends with the message..

JustSomeGermanDude

Experted expert in expertness.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Alternative guide

Hey, that's pretty much what I am working on right now! You stole my idea! And made it even more dirty!

Reactions: TheBatteryChicken

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score
Yeah, one time I followed some healthy food recipes Twitter account, and they sent me a DM saying to check out their website. So I guess that's the DM thing that everybody's talking about. I did only get it once, which is fine.

I unfollowed it recently anyway. :x I would definitely try it if I could think up something clever to write in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.