Twitch vs Youtube Live

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Looking for your opinion on strategies here. I'm going to assume you guys know what Twitch is also.

Do you think that Twitch should be used as a supplement to your channel rather than doing YouTube Live? What I'm suggesting is continue making videos/regular content, then all live content is streamed on Twitch, then you upload that podcast on your channel as a video.

People like H3H3 do this and I think it's really smart. YouTube Live/Superchat are pretty useless imo, and I think with Twitch you are more likely to find a "live" audience as well as generate donations and such. Then re-uploading that video to your channel allows you to monetize it again in another place.

We have been strictly doing videos + occasional live streams on YouTube, but may make the switch to further our "brand" a bit. Thoughts?

Rogpalmeruk

Reaction score
I've been trying out restream.io in streaming to both at the same time to see what works

YAOG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've been trying out restream.io in streaming to both at the same time to see what works
I use restream also but I haven't been able to find a chat overlay that allows the YT user icons to show up. Restream Chat converts everything to just the usernames.