Tunes on the Radio . . .

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm starting a channel that will focus on drivers giving passengers rides and the antics that happen when they do. I guess that monetizing these videos would be a good idea but I am concerned about the songs that are playing in the background. At this point we are turning off the radio when someone gets in until we can determine if the ride has the potential to be used. Alot of dead air and uncomfortable moments. If Purple Rain is playing on the radio while we chit chat with a rider, can we just figure that there will be no monetization for that vid?

Thanks!

: )

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Yes you can; note however that if the majority of videos you upload have radio music in the background, YouTube will eventually decide you are "repeatedly uploading content not eligible for monetization". At that point, you will lose your ability to monetize videos entirely, and may be ejected from the YouTube Partner Program for violation of its rules.

Perhaps you might want to consider a different video type for your channel?

YorkshireYank

Fast Paced Abridged Gameplay!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Why not edit the videos after they're recorded to remove the awkward spaces of dead air? It would not only make the video much more fun for people to watch (10 minutes of "highlights" of the conversation instead of an entire 30 minute one) but then you can also then embed your own copyright free music underneath as background music for the video. Then you can monetize to your heart's content.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Why not edit the videos after they're recorded to remove the awkward spaces of dead air? It would not only make the video much more fun for people to watch (10 minutes of "highlights" of the conversation instead of an entire 30 minute one) but then you can also then embed your own copyright free music underneath as background music for the video. Then you can monetize to your heart's content.
Yank -

The dead air and uncomfortable moments happen while we are getting passengers to their destinations without music. For sure we are not going to bore our audience with those moments, they would be edited out just as you suggested.

YorkshireYank

Fast Paced Abridged Gameplay!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know, but those moments are irrelevant to the finished video. After time, I'm sure you'll become more comfortable talking to strangers as well which will minimize dead air.