Tumbnail and Title issues

partyboychip

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a music review channel where I review unsigned bands. I've mostly done Metal bands so far, But I hope to expand into other genres. But I have two questions,...

1. Since I started I have had no idea what to do for thumbnails. So I've just been using the generated thumbnails that YouTube generates when I upload my videos. Is this fine or should I really be focusing on my thumbnail a little more. Just check out my channel if you need a better look at what my thumbnails are looking like.
  2. I also have no idea what to do with my titles. So I'm just pretty much been doing, for example, "Ep.1 - Terra.Sick (Melodic Metal)". Is this fine or should I be putting more thought into my titles as well.
With my content it feels hard coming up with good thumbnails and titles.

Reactions: Diversified Unison

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
Hey! As for your thumbnail and title is actually doesn't look bad. But one thing I can say maybe have the "EP#" at the end of the title instead of at the beginning. So that when people are searching at least your video shows on the first page.
I really like music reviews and I'm really happy that you are helping those bands spreading their name. You deserve a sub from me for sure. Long live metal/rock music \m/
When I started watching your videos I was hoping you would give some background about the bands before starting the music. Also maybe introduce their other songs that viewers might can search. Just few things that I've noticed and I was expecting as a viewer. Hope this helps!
Good luck with your channel and keep up the good work. Cheers! :)

partyboychip

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What specifically would you want to know about the bands?. About all I've been doing is saying where they hail from because that's the most information I can dig up without doing a full on interview. Which I plan on doing some time in the near future once I get a more mobile recording rig.

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
I would like to know about their social media and their channel info. Who are their members are and when they started their journey. I don't think an interview will be necessary to get those info. Also you can get those info from their social media bio. Reaching out to them directly and asking them for info will be the easiest way too. Also I would like to know which other songs they might have and your opinion about them if you liked them or not. If they do have other songs maybe share those links and get viewers more engaged. Because that what I felt missing.

Reactions: Urbex Lab.