Tumblr, Instagram and other social media

HealthyDury

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I opened Tumblr and StumbleUpon accounts yesterday. Bad decision, I can't keep up with updating that AND the others.

AnnaLovesVlogging

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I promote my channel on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and YTtalk. My channel has its own Facebook page, but I use my personal accounts for the others.

Reactions: paskyskiesss

thecomputertips

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
they say reddit is good but i have yet to learn how to use the dam site :(

itsksmile

Reaction score
I think it would only work if you already have a big connection on those sites. If you have only 100-200 friends on facebook... probably only 10 would click on it. Same with tumblr, twitter, etc. I don't think it would work for me, seeing that I have under 1k followers/friends on all those kind of social medias.

mattv2099

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Majority of my views have come from the related videos colum on the right side of big youtubers videos that are relevant to mine. second place is reddit. Ive gotten thousands of views from reddit. next are 2 forums that my videos are relevant. time permitting, i intend to join more forums. Next would be the youtube search engine. Then my personal facebook.

I'm going to take a look at tumblr and instagram because I am unfamiliar with them.

Gus Monkeyton

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I haven't really used Tumblr or Instagram yet, but I just got a Tumblr account. So far I don't really like the interface on Tumblr, but that's just me. I still the think the most valuable tools are facebook, twitter and your own website/blog to embed your videos. I've started using Pinterest over the past few weeks but I don't think that's really done much as of yet. All in all, I've used or am using most social networks, but notice best results with facebook, twitter etc.

Reactions: Chubbycheckmate

AnnaLovesVlogging

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I haven't really used Tumblr or Instagram yet, but I just got a Tumblr account. So far I don't really like the interface on Tumblr, but that's just me.
I found it really confusing at first as well, but after using it for a while, it really does get easier. One thing I don't like for video promoting though is that people can't comment on your posts. The only way to "comment" is to reblog and add their own writing in their post.

On the other side of the story, though, I LOVE using Tumblr to find other vloggers. Since so many people are posting their videos on their blogs, it's easy to find people who are working hard to grow their audience. I just search the "vlog" tag and watch the ones that look interesting. :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I haven't really used Tumblr or Instagram yet, but I just got a Tumblr account. So far I don't really like the interface on Tumblr, but that's just me. I still the think the most valuable tools are facebook, twitter and your own website/blog to embed your videos. I've started using Pinterest over the past few weeks but I don't think that's really done much as of yet. All in all, I've used or am using most social networks, but notice best results with facebook, twitter etc.
Pinterest seems interesting. I think I'll look into that tomorrow, thanks. :)