Tumblr, Instagram and other social media

SteriousFilms

Sterious people making skits/ other random stuff
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Do you use other social media to promote your channel other than Facebook or Twitter?
How has it been working out for you?
By other social media I mean Tumblr, Istagram, Reddit, StumbleUpon, forums and so on...

IcedUpGFX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I use forums :)

What forums you may ask?
You are on them :3

DeantheDinosauce

Cartoonist/Animator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
How I do it:

- YTtalk
- Send mass message to 25 people in my address book (I usually send them twice to two sets people)
- Submit them as a video response to related videos

I don't use Facebook, everyone on there is people I 'knew' in School, I don't want to associate with a large group of them anymore - Not thing against them, I just want to move on.
I don't use Tumblr - The site confuses me
I tried to use Reddit three or four times but I just couldn't get used to it - Confuses me a lot
Instagram - From what I know of it, it's where a lot of early teens hang out (I'm probably wrong). I don't use it.
StumbleUpon - Used it once, I just didn't go back.

Reactions: HealthyDury

paskyskiesss

I'm a peacock flying into a rainbow!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
I promote using tumblr, one of my post went viral resulting in 30,000 followers on tumblr. I embed my videos once in a while or post something then link my channel.

SteriousFilms

Sterious people making skits/ other random stuff
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I promote using tumblr, one of my post went viral resulting in 30,000 followers on tumblr. I embed my videos once in a while or post something then link my channel.
Yeah exactly, that's what I think.
Tumblr and others may be underrated, and very much worthy of consideration!

HealthyDury

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I tried using Reddit and did get a 100 extra views on one of my videos BUT it keeps coming up with an error message "You've posted too many links, try again in an hour" even after 3 days of inactivity.
I've never used tumblr.
I'm on Instagram and I think I've had a few channel views from it, I only just joined a couple of weeks ago but it seems using the right hashtag helps loads there.
Right now, I'm on Twitter, Facebook, IG, Pinterest and LinkedIn.

I'm most active on Twitter and trying to get active again on Facebook - both on my personal and fan pages.

Honestly, I think it' best to find the top 2-3 that work and stick to them.. problem is I don't know what other two to stick to.

Alex!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How I do it:

- YTtalk
- Send mass message to 25 people in my address book (I usually send them twice to two sets people)
- Submit them as a video response to related videos

I don't use Facebook, everyone on there is people I 'knew' in School, I don't want to associate with a large group of them anymore - Not thing against them, I just want to move on.
I don't use Tumblr - The site confuses me
I tried to use Reddit three or four times but I just couldn't get used to it - Confuses me a lot
Instagram - From what I know of it, it's where a lot of early teens hang out (I'm probably wrong). I don't use it.
StumbleUpon - Used it once, I just didn't go back.
Does submitting your video as a video response actually help? I was thinking about doing it, but I didn't know if it was worth the effort.

And posting your video on Tumblr doesn't help if you don't have any followers. :'(

DeantheDinosauce

Cartoonist/Animator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Does submitting your video as a video response actually help? I was thinking about doing it, but I didn't know if it was worth the effort.

And posting your video on Tumblr doesn't help if you don't have any followers. :'(
1. Make sure the video is relevant
2. Make sure the video your posting your video as a response to is still active (Check how long between each comment the time is: 8 hours ago, 16 hours ago, 22 hours ago)

I got that from a YouTube guide:

I submit mine to DarkMatter2525's videos.

Br00tal

No Mercy For The Weak
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Twitter, Facebook and Instagram never worked for me.
Not tumblr either.