TubeBuddy Tag Tools Works Great

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have had the TubeBuddy add-on for a while, but today I discovered that it has a feature called "tag tools". When you go to edit your tags, scroll down and hit the "suggest" button. It shows you some suggested tags that you may have missed and you can add them to your tags. I searched for a pretty simple term they suggested for one of my videos while using a browser I'm not logged in as myself and my video ranked second for that search term. I'm going to go through my videos now to update the tags.

GadVeen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I too started exploring and liking this feature. But please note the small disclaimer (* for you) mentioned beneath the tags. I'm providing that URL link below (without http). It basically tells that the ranking what it shows is "for you". It needn't be the same for everyone. They suggest to use it as a guidance value rathan than actual rank.

tubebuddy.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000712002-tag-rankings

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I too started exploring and liking this feature. But please note the small disclaimer (* for you) mentioned beneath the tags. I'm providing that URL link below (without http). It basically tells that the ranking what it shows is "for you". It needn't be the same for everyone. They suggest to use it as a guidance value rathan than actual rank.

tubebuddy.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000712002-tag-rankings
Yeah I read that yesterday. The way I test my SEO is by signing in with a different browser that I don't log into my account with. This at least makes it so that it doesn't use my search and viewing history in the equation. I tested a couple of the suggested tags and used them and my video appeared near the top. One that I didn't think of was "crazy dalmatian", when I searched for that my video was right near the top! After I saw that I went through and re-optimized a lot of my tags.

GadVeen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah I read that yesterday. The way I test my SEO is by signing in with a different browser that I don't log into my account with. This at least makes it so that it doesn't use my search and viewing history in the equation. I tested a couple of the suggested tags and used them and my video appeared near the top. One that I didn't think of was "crazy dalmatian", when I searched for that my video was right near the top! After I saw that I went through and re-optimized a lot of my tags.
Ok. BTW does the addition of tags reflect immediately in actual search results or YouTube takes some time to index them? I can also check, but asking your observation.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Ok. BTW does the addition of tags reflect immediately in actual search results or YouTube takes some time to index them? I can also check, but asking your observation.
I've experimented with a few videos and I've seen the video title take immediate effect. I don't see as much effect with tags from my experience

GadVeen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've experimented with a few videos and I've seen the video title take immediate effect. I don't see as much effect with tags from my experience
Ok. Thanks.

I have never tried TubeBuddy, as i just go with Keyword Tool.
You can give it a shot once. As the name implies, its a buddy for your YouTube! There are some nifty quick links for most of the tasks. Also some good features - On-the-fly thumbnail generator, saving comments as video topics, stats in each video, upload checklist, etc to name a few.

Reminance

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok. Thanks.

You can give it a shot once. As the name implies, its a buddy for your YouTube! There are some nifty quick links for most of the tasks. Also some good features - On-the-fly thumbnail generator, saving comments as video topics, stats in each video, upload checklist, etc to name a few.
Aight i'll try it next time ^^

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recently downloaded the Tubebuddy add on and I am very impressed with it. When I installed it, I flicked around some of the different features and realised that they can be very useful for growing and sustaining a channel. I use Tubebuddy to get suggested tags mostly now. I have managed to rank quite highly for quite a few tags that have a large search volume due to Tubebuddy giving me a rating on a tag based on the search volume of the word or phrase and the competition for the word or phrase - despite only being a very small channel. My channel is one based around football where the leaders or the niche are typically: F2Freestylers and Freekickerz (but there are also many more that do a great job. After using Tubebuddy, I am able to get in the mix with these huge Youtubers on some keywords to allow myself to get the exposure I need.

Due to my past experiences, I would recommend anybody reading this to download Tubebuddy!