Trying to get my "name out there"

Matthew Still

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Hello everyone my name's Matt (but my youtube channel is called FastFire95). You may think this thread is me promoting my channel but it's not! It's a mini rant/discussion about promotion when it comes to my channel and content as a whole.

Now Idk about you guys but whenever I upload a new video the first thing I do is let my Instagram and Twitter followers know via tweeting and Insta story (stuff like that) and that's great in the sense of a lot of my viewership is from those social media posts but if don't have a massive social media following and I don't feel it's enough! I have a feeling that there are other things I could be doing to promote my channel and my content, but idk how or where...

Whenever I do seem to get a response from someone it's always someone trying to pull a sub4sub or I'll watch you if you watch me kinda thing and I'm not about that.

What I'm trying to get at here is, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know your own methods of promoting your channel and your content! Thank you for taking the time to read this

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Youtube is tough in the beginning when in terms of self promotion. I agree. But there are ways to bring more people to your content through these ways of free promotion.

Twitter is my main hub for promotion. I generally upload my latest video, tag whatever the video is about and then I'll also tag some "Youtube Promotion" accounts on Twitter that are generally for smaller Youtubers. Or if it's Indie Film related I'll tag people and other directors on the latest thing I'm promoting. With the proper tags and the proper people you can reach a lot more then you realize. Plus some of these "Youtube Promotion" accounts are ran by smaller channels themselves so they have no problem in retweeting your video or promoting your channel on your page. (Some charge money however but you don't need to do that.)

Facebook is next. I have my separate account for my channel/business and I'll share stuff over there. If certain friends are involved in the video I'll generally tag them or let them know in person. If it's a bigger project I'll also share it on my personal page and tag as many friends as I'd feel would be interested.

I hear Reddit can be useful too but I've never used it. There is a way to not spam content there or you can attract a lot of people whom will be negative towards you and your work.

Anyways that's what I do for promotion. Hope that helps ya a bit. Best of luck! =]

Reactions: Matthew Still

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello everyone my name's Matt (but my youtube channel is called FastFire95). You may think this thread is me promoting my channel but it's not! It's a mini rant/discussion about promotion when it comes to my channel and content as a whole.

Now Idk about you guys but whenever I upload a new video the first thing I do is let my Instagram and Twitter followers know via tweeting and Insta story (stuff like that) and that's great in the sense of a lot of my viewership is from those social media posts but if don't have a massive social media following and I don't feel it's enough! I have a feeling that there are other things I could be doing to promote my channel and my content, but idk how or where...

Whenever I do seem to get a response from someone it's always someone trying to pull a sub4sub or I'll watch you if you watch me kinda thing and I'm not about that.

What I'm trying to get at here is, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know your own methods of promoting your channel and your content! Thank you for taking the time to read this

good for you on not sub4sub. that only destroys channels. and any type of comment I get that is like that, I mark them as spam.
dont want to fall in that trap and other services like pay for views and all that. let it all come naturally

As for me, I am a really small youtuber but I do have a pretty nice retention time and views are pretty decent for my sub size. So I do promote within forums and sometimes reddit, but has to be a certain video....like I just cant be spamming them. for instance, I bought this new tire tube changing tool, since that is helping people, I am going to post that on multiple reddit subs. but I wont post my normal vlog since people will mark it as spam and just looking to get attention, which is true.

so my guess you are a gaming channel? I would do some kind of tutorial, or top 5 best games on 2019, or even future games of 2020 and post that to kinda let people see your channel...but you dont want to post your normal gaming videos on reddit or the forums..users honestly hates that unless it helps them in someway or something bizzare. Like a popular one to get followers in the moto family is if you crash or something and post that

hope that makes sense. The biggest thing though is time and patience. not going to happen overnight, and probably wont happen in years unless you have some awesome bizzare content and that is the reality of it.