Trying not to give up!

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you don't do it for fun don't do it at all. The top is reserved for a select few, and it is highly likely you are not one of them. Don't worry, I am in the same boat. Having 5.2K subscribers after years of being on the platform is hardly a success story. I went through the transition of the dream of doing it for a living to making it a hobby. I now only create the content I want to create, nothing more, nothing less. If I don't feel like editing I am not editing. If it is a hobby you should treat it as one. As soon as it becomes not fun stop. Take a breather, and pick it back up again when you are well and ready to. I used to edit car reviews in a week and sometimes a day. Now I take 4 weeks. And my content gets better for it. I am more critical, cut out more dead space and really take the time to maximize the content I produce. This in turn makes me happier. And I have a lot of time to spend with the family, and also watching TV shows I haven't been able to watch because I was so focused on YouTube. It is both a blessing and a curse, running a YouTube channel. Best to focus on the blessings and keep that curse at bay as much as possible.

Reactions: videoeditgr

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
Others have already said it so well. You already answered your own question. You love it so if you love the process, there is nothing but upside. You have to sacrifice so much time. If it never goes anywhere, at least you enjoyed making videos and have to possibly accept it is only for fun. Try to establish meaningful connections with someone to share. Give more first before ever asking for anything. You need to give value in some way and views will come.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Oh yes! You just gotta hang on ma friend!

The worst thing you can do is not upload! Just cool it, relax!

I sometimes get saddened by not getting a lot of views, but I just power through.

Look up some motivational quotes from the comp! That always helps me!

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does anyone else find it hard to stay motivated when you don't get the views or the subs?

I love making content it's so much fun but it is becoming more and more difficult to stay motivated when your stuck on 140 subs, and getting next to 0 views.

How do you all stay motivated, and if you have grown past this, how did you do it. What is the trick?
George
I have two channel so I know it can be done.
Sometimes, okay many times it is easy to get discouraged
1st trick (Do the videos because you want to do the videos)
2nd Trick (Remember that there are millions of people doing Youtube videos all wanting to do the same thing you and I are doing. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little. Make comments and like videos with people who have the same interest as yourself.)
3rd Trick (The path to success is to follow those who have succeeded!! There is a vlogger I like. He plays semi-pro football here in the States. He did a video of himself putting on his football uniform and putting on the gear and what each piece of equipment is used for and the video went viral. So I did the same thing I have a police style uniform and did a video of what's on my dutybelt. It is now one of my more stronger videos.)
4th Trick (Don't forget social media, I always on Facebook and belong to a lot of groups over the years. So given the fact many of my videos cover a wide range of topics I will for example post 1 video to 5-6 Facebook groups as a way of promoting that video. I don't want to spam so I only 5 no more then 6 at the max.
5th Trick The more videos you have the better change of finding someone who you like the things you like.

I hope that helps, it at least works for me.

Mark