Trust VidiQ or Google Trends??

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Who to trust? VidiQ & Google trends (set to options 'world' 'youtube') should (if they work) suggest corresponding information on the popularity of key word phrases but they don't. They can be wildly different. A key word or phrase that VidIQ scores high could get a low score when you ask Google trends. Puzzled ?!*

Chemigal_Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally I have always used Google Trends, never heard of VidiQ, but your findings are definitely interesting. I will have to check out VidiQ as well.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have tried Trends for my country previously.
I have this idea that Trends are getting statistics from News, Politics, Fashion, TV & Gossip.
Kind of Youtube Trends. So I was dissapointed.
But this is only me...
:)

Reactions: UhoohExtra

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Who to trust? VidiQ & Google trends (set to options 'world' 'youtube') should (if they work) suggest corresponding information on the popularity of key word phrases but they don't. They can be wildly different. A key word or phrase that VidIQ scores high could get a low score when you ask Google trends. Puzzled ?!*
Google trends is NOT a measure of keyword popularity!! They are measuring two totally different things.
If you want keyword popularity from Google, then you need an Adwords account and use their keyword tool.