Trends!

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have seen a lot of trends on getting subscribers (the mods could probably move this to the relevant place), first it has been Sub4sub, which gets shot down and is frowned upon in the community, even though people still try it.
Then I have seen Let´s be friends, which would be the same thing, with other wording, and I have talked about this before. I think that people is starting to realise that this would be the same as doing sub4sub, and people are getting away from it.
The now I have seen Hugs, like people is saying "I hug you, I hope you hug me", which is another attempt for getting subscribers.

When does people realise that this doesn´t work?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Not what I thought your thread was going to be about. But good observation. Its mostly noob tubers that try and sub for sub. Eventually they will learn this is of no value and harmful for their channel. If you have a pile of subs that are not genuine and don't watch your uploads then youtube thinks no one likes your videos and it ain't gonna get promoted or suggested elsewhere. There is no shortcuts. People need to gain genuine subs from people that have a genuine interest in the channel.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have also noticed that shout outs have gone down as well, or that they aren´t that common as before! I think youtube as gone hard on those people who have gotten subscribers in such ways!
What do you think about that?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I never heard people saying I hug you as a form of sub for sub, but I wonder the same thing when will people stop asking for sub for sub. I thought by now since I have a little over 5k subscribers people would stop asking me to do sub sub for because I thought by now they would realize I’m a serious YouTuber just bu uploading regularly and having a decent amount of subscribers and views.