Trends

JoycelynsLife

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I posted a video about fidget spinners yesterday.

Fidget spinner was first invented in the 1990s, but popularised this year.

Forbes published an article in 2016 about fidget spinners and how it's a must-have office toy for 2017. That's right, office toy, ya haters! jk <3

In March and April, it got really popular. It can be found almost everywhere, like every kid you see seemed to be playing with it or something.

Anyways, so what are your opinions about making videos slightly after the trend?

Last edited by a moderator:

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yup! I sometimes try to follow the trends, and they don't really ever catch on, even when I'm right there with the bigger videos, but sometimes, I'll post something that's about a trend long past (it fits into one of my series, where a character is trying to be "YouTube famous," so he's always a little behind) and it actually gets good views. You never know.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I dunno, I made a video about those stupid spinners a few days ago and the video has over 400 views now.
For the record, my videos usually often only make 50 or so views of average. So, clearly, this awful trend is still alive and kicking for whatever reason,

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Fidget spinners are still pretty relivent so making videos on them seems like a smart choice.

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yea they are still relevent, I still see them everywhere. I'll admit that it's past it's peak but it still has attention around it. It might actually be better for smaller channels to post a video "behind the trend" because there will be less competition in terms of uploads.