Trending for kids/toys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Everyone,

Was wondering if anyone knows of any sites or plugins that show what Is trending for kids. I check out the trending section on YouTube but it doesn't show anything regarding kids.

Thanks in advance :cool:

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I started using YT search bar and viewing most viewed videos helps get ideas what kids like to watch. Mostly surprises/playdoh/or bad baby lately. Popular keywords will give you inspiration too.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Everyone,
Was wondering if anyone knows of any sites or plugins that show what Is trending for kids. I check out the trending section on YouTube but it doesn't show anything regarding kids.
Thanks in advance :cool:
If you want my sincere advice how to grow from 4 subs to 100 then to 500 then 1k quickly, find abut 5-10 channels at the 5k-10k subscriber mark and closely analyse their videos. Look for any abnormal traffic and breakouts. This will reveal what is popular and caused them to breakout. Look for trends in those 5-10 channels. Research their kws with Tubebuddy and in the Yt search bar. Then make videos on similar topics. The algo will associate your channels together assuming seo and analytics line up.

I think what's popular (ie: what gets picked up and promoted by the algo) is to a large extend dependent on channel size/authority and viewer behavior. For example, viewers go to Toy Freaks in droves and herds to watch their bad baby videos, but if you put out a bad baby video, you'll get 20 views (nothing personally or professionally against you as a person, only your channel authority). However if you put out a Thomas Accidents will Happen video, you could get 5-10000 views from all the committed Thomas fans out there, and be placed as suggested in a Thomas video from a 10k sub channel. It's just how the damn thing works.

Don't pick channels greater than 10k subs, as the algo won't associate you due to built in leveling. You have much higher chance of being in suggested of a 2k-5k channel than a 50k channel.

What's popular is important, but their is a channel size effect that plays into it in a very large way.

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Great point it's as if your channel is your personality and viewers flock there for a certain niche or type of videos that make you who you are. Ofcourse it's smart to stick to what's trending then test new things you enjoy to see if viewers respond. The creativeness is endless :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you want my sincere advice how to grow from 4 subs to 100 then to 500 then 1k quickly, find abut 5-10 channels at the 5k-10k subscriber mark and closely analyse their videos. Look for any abnormal traffic and breakouts. This will reveal what is popular and caused them to breakout. Look for trends in those 5-10 channels. Research their kws with Tubebuddy and in the Yt search bar. Then make videos on similar topics. The algo will associate your channels together assuming seo and analytics line up.

I think what's popular (ie: what gets picked up and promoted by the algo) is to a large extend dependent on channel size/authority and viewer behavior. For example, viewers go to Toy Freaks in droves and herds to watch their bad baby videos, but if you put out a bad baby video, you'll get 20 views (nothing personally or professionally against you as a person, only your channel authority). However if you put out a Thomas Accidents will Happen video, you could get 5-10000 views from all the committed Thomas fans out there, and be placed as suggested in a Thomas video from a 10k sub channel. It's just how the damn thing works.

Don't pick channels greater than 10k subs, as the algo won't associate you due to built in leveling. You have much higher chance of being in suggested of a 2k-5k channel than a 50k channel.

What's popular is important, but their is a channel size effect that plays into it in a very large way.
Wow, Thanks so much for the advice! You have been a huge help.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I suspect that Google isn't going to want a trending tracker for kids' content.

Mommy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I suspect that Google isn't going to want a trending tracker for kids' content.
I would have to agree with you. Some other ways to do this are to use Adwords Keywords planner and create a list for yourself of either top toy topics or trends that you see popping up and then pop them into the planner. See what the search volume is and the bid competition. You want something with a high search volume and a moderate to low competition of you are a new channel. Shows that it is a hot search topic, but it hasn't been dominated yet. So you might get to be the authority on that keyword/topic.

Reactions: markkaz

pouchkids

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are you using this info to decide what to film next? I'd look at some of the bigger channels and see what they are doing, though they have the advantage for 4 mil plus subscribers. It also comes in waves like when a new film such as Dory or Trolls is released, those videos are popular (eg making a dory cake) outside sources such as toy stores, magazines will show you what is popular and finally there are youtube specific site like tubefilter full of interesting articles and info. If you have kids you can just ask them. Like when Frozen was very popular, everyone knew (heard!) about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.