Travel Camera on a budget?

Bethanyjbee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone,

I'm travelling to Disneyland Paris in November, and would like to vlog my trip - but my current camera is way too bulky to be carried around as I found out last trip - does anybody have any suggestions for smaller travel sized cameras that I'd be able to vlog with that don't cost an arm and a leg, as I'm on a budget because... holiday. Haha :p

Thanks in advance!

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I don't know what your budget is, but I would recommend a GoPro ( maybe you'll find a good offer) or other actions cams. You can get cheap equipment for it, can use these cameras in many ways and they are easy to carry around with you. I used a GoPro myself while travelling and wouldn't want to travel without it anymore.

sipilatommi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'd recommend getting an Olympus Pen E-PL6 or newer (that is PL7 or PL8). With the kit lens you should be able to find it at around EUR 300 (probably same as USD) if not cheaper. It's small, the screen flips up and it will give you more flexibility then a GoPro as the kit lens is a 14-42mm (28-84mm full frame equivalent). I started my vlogging career with that camera, and the only drawback is the audio, but GoPro isn't really better in that area.

Reactions: Bethanyjbee

joannavlogs

Love always wins
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It depends what types of traveling you're doing as well as both a gopro and a compact camera have their pros and cons. A go pro is light and can take it anywhere, waterproof and in the right case is very durable. Whereas a compact camera might have better film quality, zoom you can control easily, a nicer screen, physical controls etc. But these aren't waterproof mainly. So you have to see what type of travelling you're doing. If you're doing adventure then maybe the gopro. If you're doing sightseeing then maybe a compact

Elpixion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
i would recommend the Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ10 its my main camera and it is very lightweight and has a flip up screen i got it for around $200