Translating title and description into other languages

Qldking

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Would it help to translate my title and description into other languages or does YouTube translate my videos into the language the viewer is from already? Should I look into the locations of my viewers and at least make the translation for them? Other thing is adding subtitles - is it worthwhile? My videos are mainly outdoors so adding things like birds chirp, wind blowing, etc. does it help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cubby fun

TheAllSenses

Reaction score
Would it help to translate my title and description into other languages or does YouTube translate my videos into the language the viewer is from already? Should I look into the locations of my viewers and at least make the translation for them? Other thing is adding subtitles - is it worthwhile? My videos are mainly outdoors so adding things like birds chirp, wind blowing, etc. does it help?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the first part of your question I would suggest doing translations by yourself, why ? To have control on texts related to your videos and avoid wrong 'auto' translations. In addition, sometime, you wouldn't display exactly the same information or title for two different languages. For example, you might adjust/add more information in a video description for a specific language if that makes sense...