Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Training Youtube to desired content.

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by videoeditgr, Oct 10, 2018.

1. videoeditgr
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $516
    The whole story started while trying to get rid of the bigger channels on every subject.
    Although I am subscribed and watch most of the big youtubers, I prefer to have different voices
    ideas and explanations rather than the same and same ....and same persons on literally
    searching "anything" related to filmmaking.
    I prefer to get search results or suggestions from smaller channels, they usually have
    less rumbling, more info, better interaction if I comment asking something etc.

Many people seem to believe that disliking a video make it dissapear from suggested.
    In fact, this is interaction, so this goes suggested to more viewers and the person that disliked it
    get more and more similar suggestions as long as Youtube wants people watch and interact.
    It doesn't care if you like, dislike, compliment or swear as long as you stay in the platform interacting.

so,
    Here is how to indicate how you don't like a video or channel:
    although it looks like a lot of trouble it is actually two clicks to hide a video
    and four clicks to hide a channel from suggested.

up right of the description of any suggested video there are three dots.
    clicking them has four options:
    1. Not interesting,
    2. add to watch later
    3. add to playlist
    4. report.

Choosing not interesting, gives two options
    1. Undo
    2. Tell why.

Tell Why gives three more options
    1. Already saw video
    2. not liking video
    3. not interesting on whole channel.

That's it, you have just trained youtube for a specific channel or video. Hope this helped.

:)

Crown and eroM like this.
  2. eroM
    Cash:
    $43
    Cool, thanks for the tip!

videoeditgr likes this.
  3. Courtney Candice
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $259
    Thanks for the information!

videoeditgr likes this.
  4. Gaijillionaire
    I've got a yen for being in Japan!
    Cash:
    $201
    Yes. Now if only every other user on YouTube would do this for all channels but mine!

Haha but seriously I often say I dislike a channel or video and after some time, they pop up again.

videoeditgr likes this.
  5. Cephus
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $160
    Same here, especially if it's one of YouTube's "favored" channels. They don't care if I want to see it, they're going to push it anyhow.

videoeditgr likes this.
  6. videoeditgr
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $516
    Yes it is not perfect but seems to work quite good enough. Guess it evolves along with the algorithm.

Admitting that I spend some time selecting and indicating "not interesting" every time I watch Youtube videos,
    the good thing is that when I search for a new term or even a new gear model, or a popular technique
    small channels and new suggestions appear..

:)

7. Cephus
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $160
    I do too, but I keep getting the exact same videos popping up, even after I told them I didn't want to see anything from the channel. I keep getting the EXACT SAME VIDEO over and over. YouTube wants to push what it wants to push whether you want to watch it or not. Some channels disappear. YouTube favored channels do not.

videoeditgr likes this.
  8. videoeditgr
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $516
    I am not sure if this will help, but while choosing "tell why" (you dont like this video)
    there is an option either to "kill" the whole channel's recommendations
    or to "reverse" (kind of) your views: "you are seing "this" because you watched "that".
    I stay subscribed to big channels but I usually choose "not interesting in channel"
    as long I got them in my subscriptions tab. Quite confusing but seems to work...

9. Cephus
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $160
    The option is "I have no interest in this channel" or however it's phrased. I say that. Still shows up. I wish it would get a clue that I have no interest in anything of a particular subject matter but it doesn't. I have never watched a sports video yet I get constant recommendations. I don't watch music videos, they're still everywhere even though I have said "No!" every single day.

videoeditgr likes this.