Traffic from Browse Feature (Home Page) exploding?

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Normally whenever I see a random big spike in traffic, I cross my fingers and hope my video appeared in the suggested of a bigger video's. Of course, most of the time it's usually just some website featuring my video on a blog post. Anyways my views have doubled-tripled the last 3 days, went from averaging 50-100 views an hour to 120-180, and now recently it's at 240-270. And to my surprise this morning, one of my 2 month old video's traffic from browse multiplied by 5-6.

The only thing I can think of is that Youtube is rewarding it for accumulated watch time. But has anyone ever seen a big increase on their browse traffic of an old video, without any other increasing as well?

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is so great! That means more people are finding your channel! More people to love the great content you put out! Maybe it is them rewarding you for good watch time! Who knows?

JRTrax

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Browse features is what I watch the most and try to keep at the top. When it falls my views suffer. It is in 2nd place right now. Right under my playlists. I guess that is a good one though to keep cranking the minutes up. Once people find me they are spending some time going through a playlist.

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
That happened to me as well.
A video I uploaded mid November 2016 already has 166k views which is a lot for me. The video makes more than 30% of my daily views. And I have more than 100 videos.
First the video got the amount of views I would have expected. After 2 weeks it started to suddenly spike. 60% Suggested Videos, 33% Browse Feature, 2.5% Search.
No idea why it happened and I would have never thought that they would keep promoting my video for months.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Normally whenever I see a random big spike in traffic, I cross my fingers and hope my video appeared in the suggested of a bigger video's. Of course, most of the time it's usually just some website featuring my video on a blog post. Anyways my views have doubled-tripled the last 3 days, went from averaging 50-100 views an hour to 120-180, and now recently it's at 240-270. And to my surprise this morning, one of my 2 month old video's traffic from browse multiplied by 5-6.

The only thing I can think of is that Youtube is rewarding it for accumulated watch time. But has anyone ever seen a big increase on their browse traffic of an old video, without any other increasing as well?
That is really great! Yes that has happened to me before my older videos views started to grow more. I think it's a good thing, it means more people are watching and likening your videos.

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes. My first video to get over 500,000 views behaved like this.
It was about a week of those 'doublings' you're seeing. The algorithm increased the views per hour steadily over time. It was all super controlled!
Then one day it jumped even more and that lasted 2 weeks or so, with random drops and jumps throughout.
Congrats on the traffic man!

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yes. My first video to get over 500,000 views behaved like this.
It was about a week of those 'doublings' you're seeing. The algorithm increased the views per hour steadily over time. It was all super controlled!
Then one day it jumped even more and that lasted 2 weeks or so, with random drops and jumps throughout.
Congrats on the traffic man!
But my question was specifically on browse traffic increasing and nothing else. I've had a few videos where it got suggested on someone else's bigger video causing the suggested traffic to explode, an as a result also increasing the browse feature traffic. But I've never seen just browse traffic increasing. So was that the case for you?

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But my question was specifically on browse traffic increasing and nothing else. I've had a few videos where it got suggested on someone else's bigger video causing the suggested traffic to explode, an as a result also increasing the browse feature traffic. But I've never seen just browse traffic increasing. So was that the case for you?
I guess I didn't specify. Yes. This is exactly what happened. Everything increased across the board, but for two weeks straight, 85% of the traffic was browse features.