Track videos using content from media centers

At the Apex

Reaction score
Hi YTtalk!

I was wondering if I should at all be concerned with producing an idea I have for future monetization when I reach 1,000 subs.

The series of videos would be my own narration over footage provided by automobile manufactures for specific automobile tracks. I would explain the tracks significance and key historical milestones. The video content I intend to use is available for download in BMW, Chevy etc. media center.

Assuming since this is distributed for the press to use I would be fine, since I am crafting it into my own story. I would give in the video itself credit the source.

Appreciate your feedback. Never really did video other than my own footage. I live in the North East of the US, want to develop content that does require filming but doesn't hurt my reputation when I go for monetization down the line. I am currently at 330 subs.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Assuming since this is distributed for the press to use I would be fine
guess you have to drop them an email and have an acceptance answer in your hands? just to be sure.

It would be so much frustration to do all this work and have Youtube telling you that... blah... blah.. blah...

Also if they know that you will highlight their cars perhaps they will push your videos (if good) to further more viewers (in a wild guess off course).

:)

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You would have to put a lot of thought into how your going to add value and make this stand out and be unique. Youtube seems to be cracking down on duplicate content. Uploading press packs/ media packs what ever you wanna call em is already badly spammed across the platform. I think you would feel more of a creator if you considered some ways of capturing your own unique video and get a lot more out of your experience. It would certainly be hard to monetise what you suggest anyway.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Assuming since this is distributed for the press to use I would be fine
If I were you, don't assume anything when it comes to copyright. Those videos would have cost a lot of time and money to produce and big companies like to protect their assets. I mean if they were easy to produce, you'd have made your own right?

My advice would be to find out who owns the copyright to those videos and send them an email or letter and explain your intentions and ask for permission. If they reply and say yes, keep their letter/email as proof and make your videos. If they say "no", then don't do it. :)

At the Apex

Reaction score
If I were you, don't assume anything when it comes to copyright. Those videos would have cost a lot of time and money to produce and big companies like to protect their assets. I mean if they were easy to produce, you'd have made your own right?

My advice would be to find out who owns the copyright to those videos and send them an email or letter and explain your intentions and ask for permission. If they reply and say yes, keep their letter/email as proof and make your videos. If they say "no", then don't do it. :)
Totally agree, very helpful direction. There's a creative commons filter on YouTube and Vimeo that helped me find solid enough footage. I'll make sure it the uploaders content, ask for permission and give credit.[DOUBLEPOST=1544064190,1544063879][/DOUBLEPOST]
You would have to put a lot of thought into how your going to add value and make this stand out and be unique. Youtube seems to be cracking down on duplicate content. Uploading press packs/ media packs what ever you wanna call em is already badly spammed across the platform. I think you would feel more of a creator if you considered some ways of capturing your own unique video and get a lot more out of your experience. It would certainly be hard to monetise what you suggest anyway.
Thank you for your helpful research, did a lot research. Definitely not looking to monetize on these videos and will provide real value to community. Trying to provide content that brands my channel and gets views. Will use creative commons content.