Toxicity in your comment section

Do you filter your comment section?

• I filter out bad words and look through them later.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I leave it open! Freedom of speech!

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I keep an eye once in awhile to make sure my subs aren't being harassed

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don't allow comments.

• They can argue all they wan't free views for me!

• Total voters

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I am still small enough that I am able to read every comment, and will delete toxic comments as needed and even try to moderate some discussions. I suppose as I get bigger I will start using the feature that allows you to review posts with certain words, etc.

On a side note, I don't think returning to conversations necessarily equals increased views. I know when I am clicking a link to return to a discussion the video automatically pauses. Even still, since you are logged in, they are able to track that you are returning to the same vid over and over again and may adjust the view count accordingly.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've had a few comments that I've deleted. One user I banned from commenting entirely as all they did was comment the word 'gay' with no context. I also removed some idiots comment that said 'you're doing it wrong you f**ing retard' I've got no time for rubbish like that really so I just remove it. If someone disagree with something and makes it known that's fine, but flagrant trash talk and abuse/swearing I'm not cool with, it's a family channel. I don't know how I'd cope though if had a million subscribers or something, I think I'd just have to set up a block list of words! As no way could you moderate that many comments haha.

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The poll needs a "I filter out the terms 'Check out my', 'Join my shoutout-...' & 'Click here for'..." option. They're the only things I filter out of my comments. If I see blatant hatred or harassment, it's gone; but self promoting spam messages are b l o c k e d.