Top 10 sharing sites for YouTube videos?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just wanted to hear your advice on top 10 sharing sites for YT videos? (if you can make it to 10:)) I am not talking about social media like FB, Twitter, Reddit and so on but real old school sites where you can share your comntent. I have not made it to 10 yet but more are my top 3 sites for sharing videos

1. Yttalk (obvious):)
2. Trinding. I use it but I am not very active
3. newgrounds. A site where you can share animations (like the ones I make) art, games and much more

justread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
A lot of people are using reddit to share their videos, so I would add Reddit. But it is very hard to post a video there especially if you are new user. I found several good videos of how to self post in reddit but I don't had any success with it. Maybe someone can share if it is possible...

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm curious to know which sites would help as well. I've had some luck with Reddit, because you can have a specific subReddit. I know you said aside from FB, but that is where I've had the best luck so far.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
A lot of people are using reddit to share their videos, so I would add Reddit. But it is very hard to post a video there especially if you are new user. I found several good videos of how to self post in reddit but I don't had any success with it. Maybe someone can share if it is possible...
reddit reminds me of Cefax (if you remember.. your old) but more rubbish!

Ephlik Audio

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Is it hard to post a video there in the sense that you get trashed for trying to self promote? I've always been unsure how to go about this. I think I heard from a friend that people on reddit would make an account to promote a video acting like it isn't your own lolol.

justread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
sharree is other site where you can promote your videos, you can do it for free it is easy to do it, also you can do it with when you pay to promote your channel or videos but again I don't had any success there...

Squeaking Lion

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Reddit has the problem that most subreddits don't want people posting their videos, since most people consider it shameless self-promotion and will downvote it pretty hard. And many subreddits will actively remove those posts, and even ban you if you keep trying. For Reddit to work, you have to choose a subreddit that will allow your videos to be posted, and even then... prepare for backlash. Almost certainly, your post will be downvoted unless you've been on that subreddit for a long time, building friends and showing you're an active member... and even THEN, it'll still be downvoted heavily just because of the trolls on there. Sure, you'll get some views, but the chances of actual quality subscribers that watch your content are fairly low.

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I've heard, I think @Crown mention that sharing videos can lower your CTR, thus making it even harder to gain exposure, which is coincidental to the entire purpose of sharing videos.

Perhaps sharing videos isn't worth the effort?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I
Perhaps sharing videos isn't worth the effort?
Sharing videos is always worth the effort. You just have to share them at the appropriate places to the appropriate people. I have a list of sites where I can share my top videos, when I feel they will be liked by the people. The list has 27 sites (only the top places out of thousands of sites).

Keep in mind that I don't share all my videos, only the best ones. Also, you have to be creative. For example in my list there is Pinterest (A picture sharing site), from where I receive good monthly amount of viewers. I haven't tried Instagram, but it also can be a good source of viewers, if you use it the right way.

Reactions: darksmokeyt

justread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Sharing videos is always worth the effort. You just have to share them at the appropriate places to the appropriate people. I have a list of sites where I can share my top videos, when I feel they will be liked by the people. The list has 27 sites (only the top places out of thousands of sites).

Keep in mind that I don't share all my videos, only the best ones. Also, you have to be creative. For example in my list there is Pinterest (A picture sharing site), from where I receive good monthly amount of viewers. I haven't tried Instagram, but it also can be a good source of viewers, if you use it the right way.
How do you define if a site is good to share your videos?