Too many?!

ItsZannah

Hi!
Opinions needed, guys - If you subscribe to someone and they post videos quite a lot of videos sometimes and then other times none at all e.g once a day for three days and then not another one for weeks, does that annoy you or does it not make a difference?

hmm its kind of annoying.. and it will hurt their subscriptions people like routine.. You might want to suggest hey get on a schedule.. Like We sometimes will shoot too video's but we don't release them at the same time.. We only release on Sunday.. UNLESS it is like breaking and pressing and needs to be done right away dealing with a current event.

Better to spread them out. I fell into the trap of releasing things as soon as I had them done when I first started my channel. It meant very inconsistent video releases. Things are so much easier if you can set yourself a hard schedule with a reasonable time frame and just stick to that.

Better to spread them out. I fell into the trap of releasing things as soon as I had them done when I first started my channel. It meant very inconsistent video releases. Things are so much easier if you can set yourself a hard schedule with a reasonable time frame and just stick to that.
Thanks, that was really helpful :)

To be honest I've not suffered from this too much.

I first created my youtube account in 2006. I put up a couple of videos for fun, and then lost interest - didn't even log in to youtube for a good year, maybe 2!

Finally I logged in (after resetting the password because I had forgotten it, it had been that long!) and was surprised to see a healthy number of views and subscribers. I applied for youtube partner for fun, not expecting to get anywhere, and a day later was shocked to see they had accepted me!
Even though I had not posted for a good year, the subscribers seemed to stick by me!

Since gaining partner status, I've been putting up videos randomly. I don't have a set schedule. Sometimes its once every 2 weeks, sometimes its once a month. At times its been several in the same week. I dont even have a facbook or twitter page where i keep my subscribers informed on new projects etc. To be honest, it hasn't really hurt me too much, although I do realise the importance of having a good routine, I don't really think its vital.

Schedule is pretty hard to come up with if you're dealing with school for example. You can never be sure if you have a huge test tomorrow or something else. But I've just come up with a day for myself which is Saturday, on that day I don't usually study or do anything else, so it's perfect for releasing/making a video. I suggest that you get a schedule as well. It's true that people like it when it's all organized. I like it when I know that I get to see a new video from Miranda every Mon/Thurs/Sat (yeah, she releases 3 times a week), or that I get a new video from Jenna Marbles every Wednesday (that's mostly Thurs for me since I live in a different place), or that Marcus Butler seems to upload on every Friday. I like that. There's something to look forward to :)

It's a little more difficult for me, since I review items I sometimes need to spent some time with it to test etc. The amount of testing time needed depends on the item being reviewed.
Oh and the fact that I have a full time job, and a family to look after as well!

I tend to like people who do stuff consistently. One a week, Once a month it doesn't matter as along as they are consistent.

Back