Tomb Raider Copyright?

Owlsighs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

I've been hoping to make a Tomb Raider playthrough very soon, but after doing a little research, I've found that a lot of people are having trouble with copyright issued and are having their videos blocked globally!
Do you know anything about this?
Know of any tricks to avoid copyright infringement issues?
Whats your favourite kind of pie?
Mine is apple cream.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
The copyright crap is really sucking the fun out of Youtube. In about 5 years it's gonna be all kitty videos, unless you're already a huge youtuber on the level of Jenna Marbles and the like.

Owlsighs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The copyright crap is really sucking the fun out of Youtube. In about 5 years it's gonna be all kitty videos, unless you're already a huge youtuber on the level of Jenna Marbles and the like.
Kittens falling into toilets and Jenna Marbles is great, but playthroughs are great too!

Reaction score
Jenna Marbles uploads original content, ergo your argument is invalid :-P

Just upload stuff you have the rights to, or purchase licenses for other copywritten materials.

Owlsighs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Jenna Marbles uploads original content, ergo your argument is invalid :-P

Just upload stuff you have the rights to, or purchase licenses for other copywritten materials.
I'm sorry, but this is bugging me...
If everyone followed such rules, most of youtube wouldn't exist.
Not only that, but it would be as bland as boiled chicken and mushy peas.
I mean, I understand what you're trying to say and you're right to want to follow the rules, but I'm just being honest here.

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this is bugging me...
If everyone followed such rules, most of youtube wouldn't exist.
Not only that, but it would be as bland as boiled chicken and mushy peas.
I mean, I understand what you're trying to say and you're right to want to follow the rules, but I'm just being honest here.
Well now I feel as bland as boiled chicken and mushy peas. I gotta start stealing other artists' work quick!!!

Reactions: KGATV

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well now I feel as bland as boiled chicken and mushy peas. I gotta start stealing other artists' work quick!!!
it's not a matter of stealing other people's work. It's a matter of, as a reviewer, if you're going to review a certain thing, you should have the right to show some clips or examples of the subject at hand. Where would Siskel and Elbert be if it was just them rambling about the movie if they didn't even show at least a clip of the movie they're talking about? How would Nostalgia Critic and AVGN do their shows if they weren't able to show what they're reviewing? I doubt they try to 'claim ownership' or 'steal other people's work', it's just... when you review something... you gotta show what it is your reviewing.

I once saw a dude review a Ninja Turtle game.... but it was just sitting on a crate in his attic (it looked like) and just talking about the game. Really bored me without at least showing some game footage to get his point across. Of course it didn't help that the first 2 minutes was about the actual game and then the rest of the video turned into a vlog of his life.... but still, you get the point.

Reactions: Owlsighs

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is happening with more and more of the new games that are coming out today. Nothing you can do about it unless your network has the correct licenses. Fullscreen Arcade even recommends that you do retro games over the newer ones to avoid this.

Reactions: Owlsighs