To YouTube stabilize, or not to YouTube stabilize

Should I use YouTube Stabilizing or not?

• Total voters

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
that is the question.

Here's the original video....

And here's the one using YouTube's stabilizer

the YouTube stabilizer removed the shakiness, but it looks all warped and digitized.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am going to say no, the shakiness may be bad but the second video makes me feel sick watching it, like when you've been in a car for too long or you're trying to read in a moving car and you get that headache :D Is there no way you could use your own stabilisation techniques on the parts that are really shaky like when you go outside? Stabilising sections of the video would probably look better I reckon.

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
I don't like the stabilised video :/ it looks really weird and tbh it should just be left as it is or maybe put the camcorder/phone in a tripod or holder i guess. Youtubes supposed improvement has made the video quality worse :(

Voice of Vanessa

Dimple-Smiles <3
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Noo..stabilized looks funky. >w< makes my head hurt! I rather it shakey ;D

Korifaeus

Banned
Reaction score
As to the Stabilizer. The one with Stabilizer makes me feel sea sick, and the first one without, looks like "shake and bake" effect, even professionally created on purpose for shows like NYPD Blue, etc. to make it look like action/real, etc. It's more becoming than the second one

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well the idea is the be able to upload directly from my phone, so it passes the whole editing stage. I could probably edit and use my own stabilization, but it defeats the whole purpose of being able to upload on the road from my phone. :(

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
I'm going to say no.

The stabilizer works greatly, it just makes the video look weird in the process!

PixieBlossom

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Im going to throw my hat in with the "no"s, although it did remove the shake, it made the video look really... weirdly digitized. Id much perfer watching the shakey video.