To tag or not to tag?

Scoopd

Reaction score
Always include those keywords that people are using to find you content. Because lets say they click on one of your videos that isn't quite what they wanted, they might see the one they want from your channel in the side videos on the right. Using the same keywords for multiple videos will also help them to be recommended against each other. ;)
Thanks for that. I did wander if I should use entirely different keywords in each so useful to know.

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
absolutely tag your videos. If you have time, go back to older videos and update the tags, descriptions, and titles.

Strong Title + Strong Description + Tags = Holy Trinity of YouTube search for growing channels. When you get larger, it's not quite as important to tag

CloudCJay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
absolutely tag your videos. If you have time, go back to older videos and update the tags, descriptions, and titles.

Strong Title + Strong Description + Tags = Holy Trinity of YouTube search for growing channels. When you get larger, it's not quite as important to tag
When I see FRANKIE I think of FRANKIEonPC

Reactions: FRANKIEandEMILY

WoodenRailwayStudio

Youtube - for fun and profit!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I look back at all my lifetime search terms that have brought people to me It made me want to ask the Yttalk bods a really fascinating question.

Say my business is in mobile phones and the terms "mobile phones that look cool", "great mobile phones" and "mobile phones that won't smash" are the terms I have found people that they looking for and it brought them to my Youtube video. Are these terms I should actively put in all my tags or should I leave them out because folk have already got to me and I should be looking for new tags that will attract new people (If that makes sense!)

Thanks in advance
Always, always use tags. Try google or other keyword ranking to pick up some additional tags. Be sure your tags match up with your title and description. Always write up a long description again using the keywords. I am not saying spam but write up a description of what the video is about and use those keywords. You are writing the description more for the Youtube spider than you are for your viewers. Your description tied to keywords and your title will increase your video's ranking.

Scoopd

Reaction score
Just curious as to why we need long tailed tags actually. If I have the long tailed phrase "great mobile phones London" would having those individual words not have the same effect if someone types it in? I've always heard it's best to have a mixture but I'm just curious as to why?

Thanks