To tag or not to tag?

Scoopd

Reaction score
When I look back at all my lifetime search terms that have brought people to me It made me want to ask the Yttalk bods a really fascinating question.

Say my business is in mobile phones and the terms "mobile phones that look cool", "great mobile phones" and "mobile phones that won't smash" are the terms I have found people that they looking for and it brought them to my Youtube video. Are these terms I should actively put in all my tags or should I leave them out because folk have already got to me and I should be looking for new tags that will attract new people (If that makes sense!)

Thanks in advance

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It makes sense and it is a very good question:)
Since you already got htere attention something in says new tags (but Im not really sure):)
GOOD QUESTION:wavespin::wavespin:

Reactions: Scoopd

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you should include them. We get 500 characters for tags. Your ranking tags are only a small fraction of that. Definitely include your most rankable tags in the videos they relate to. Definitely yes.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would add them and various other similar search terms

GameThumb

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My channel is covering only one game so most of the tags are the same for every video. I get like 50% of views via suggested videos that way.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If you are making a video that isn't relevant to smashing phones, then no, I wouldn't put the tag "mobile phones that won't smash." The point of tags is to help viewers find content relevant to their search. If you lead a person to a video that is irrelevant to their interest, then all they'll do is click your video and then leave immediately. In the long run, this works against you. Your goal is not only to get people to click your videos, but also to stay and watch. Better yet, watch your other videos.

Kota

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Tags are a huge part of how people find your videos, and using the most common trends that are related to your topic is how your video grows! YouTube gives you 500 characters in the tags section for a reason. Use them all!! :)

CloudCJay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Always include those keywords that people are using to find you content. Because lets say they click on one of your videos that isn't quite what they wanted, they might see the one they want from your channel in the side videos on the right. Using the same keywords for multiple videos will also help them to be recommended against each other. ;)