To swear or not to Swear

Do you swear in your videos?

• Total voters

Rev343

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello everyone, just wondered what you all though about swears in your videos. Do you swear? Do you think others find it funny? What's your opinion? I ask because I played a game called Emily Wants to Play recently and I swore a bit hear and there, mostly due to jump scares, and I was wondering do most viewers like that or maybe should I try not to swear? *shrugs*

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I swear but not too much. I used to swear a lot in my old videos, now I have controlled my words. Swearing is good but over swearing isn't good.

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Imagine swear words as jumpscares in horror movies. Using them a few times and in strategical places can help, abusing them end up being annoying and lowering the quality of the movie (or video in the Youtube case)

Red Thunder

Unicorn Wizard
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do, but that's just because of how I voice my videos, I specifically made an intro with show's every viewer that there's explicit audio content in the video, so hopefully they have enough sense to realize what's coming their way, as it's definitely not for anyone xD

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I swear because that's just me, I don't have any problem with it so if you wanna do it, do it.

Mr Danny

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I personally don't have a problem with swearing but I don't swear often in my videos because I think it can get a bit annoying sometimes. However, when I do swear, I don't bleep it out (cause i'm lazy)

Talooka

Weirdo With a Beardo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
It depends on your target audience and how much of "you" is in the videos. If you swear in real life and you want to be as real as possible, then swear in your videos. That will drive some people away, and that will make some people stay. Same thing with choosing NOT to swear. Some people PREFER swearing. So it all depends on what kind of people you want to watch your videos

Jate

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I swear in my streams but not my videos. I just find that swearing most of the time isnt that necessary and usually doesnt add too much. Also if my parents somehow discovered my channel I would be better off with me not dropping the f bomb. I don't have a problem with swearing though

NothingToDoCrew

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
HELL NO!.... I've pondered this question a lot and the most logical choice is to not to swear. Regardless of what types of videos you are making, if you swear you will potentially be driving away a ton of possible views/subs.
Nobody will unsubscribe if you don't swear enough....but people will unsub if you do swear, so--------
I am a marine so an occasional f**k will slip out when i get excited, but rather then cut it out, i just pause the audio and put in a beep. That will keep both sides happy