To start a 2nd channel or not? Need Advice

lewl

Reaction score
I've been on youtube a few years and I've got over 55k subs, but my channel since the beginning (apart from very few videos that didn't perform as well) has always been about wrestling games and talking about wrestling over the WWE games. I've been wanting to post up different content, specifically other new games that are unrelated to wrestling that I'd like to play in addition to what I currently post. Should I do that on a new/separate channel or do I keep it on the current channel? My main concern with putting it on the current channel would be that it would hurt it/people would unsub or views could be affected possibly.

Thanks

chloeevevlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
definitely another channel. it is a lot more work and effort to put into making different content but all your subscribers subbed for wrestling so I doubt they would be happy if you added things that aren't related to their interests. with another channel you can post whatever you want (and promote it on your main) and they can decide whether they want to sub to that as well or not. hope this helped!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Strategy / Technique advice forum. ^^

I think if they are all gaming related that they could potentially be put under the same channel. Perhaps try asking your audience towards the beginning of a video what they think of the idea. If it seems like a fairly positive response, I'd test the waters and post something slightly different, but not too different (maybe a different kind of fighting game). If that goes over well, I'd inch towards whatever else you were thinking of posting. I'd keep whatever game it is at the same level of gore.... Going from wrestling to something with lots of blood and guts and stuff might scare off folks...

But I wouldn't stop posting the wresting videos quite yet. It seems like your audience likes those.