TO FOCUSED ON NUMBERS?

Brito21

I've Got It
Reaction score
i look at the numbers but i dont let it effect how i feel i know i put in work to create videos and it sucks if it get no views but I learned to look at the bigger picture if you stay consistent and upload quality videos people will watch

Reactions: gerard loughran

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You dont really want to focus on the statistics too much because, alot of people think, oh if i make a video, i will get loads of views because everyone does, then they upload and they get about 5 after a week or so, then that puts them down. My expectations are not high for my channel, they are high for my video quality but not high for the views and subs side of it, its not a bad thing, i just know ive gotta keep working at it

winson yuen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
To me and many others, YouTube is a number game. The bigger the number, the happier I get. I focus on improving it because if not, then you're not getting anymore in my opinion.

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm with you on the constantly looking at numbers thing man. Can very easily get too wrapped in it. I just always remind myself that I'm in this for the long run and not to expect crazy numbers just yet. The time will come in due time

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do it for fun and to look back at when I'm old and in my 30s

HOWEVER if the numbers rose to a point I could make a profit I would. I'm just not doing it for fame or anything since I think that is a set up for failure.

Razvion1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
To me the numbers are kind of a secondary enjoyment. I`m really happy when one of my videos gets 1 view or a like. About subscribers I dont really care at this point, as too many people want sub for sub, which looks dumb to have 1000 subscribers and just 10 views.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Numbers definitely effect how i feel. I use youtube as a hobby, but kind of get disheartened when a video i release gets 3 views in the first hour its up, and like 8 views in the first day. My goal with youtube is to earn an extra $100-$200 a month doing something i enjoy and love like editing videos, and playing games. But sometimes it is tough when you look at the graphs and see basically no activity on your channel.

LeDirt

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it's right to "not focus" on numbers, but it's rather hard. I have noticed myself that I have less motivation to create videos if I don't gain a lot of views with them, that's been especially a problem lately, because not a long time ago I quitted YouTube and lost a big amount of my audience, so that's something... Not as fun to make videos if nobody watches them!

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
YouTube is something I enjoy very much, making videos is a lot of fun. I absolutely pay attention to numbers though. Improving my content and growing my channel motivates me to keep going. Although my channel is very small, progress is very important to me, no matter how small or big that progress is.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I used to be a little more bothered numbers than I am now, but it really depends on how much my channel is developing/falling backwards, since my subscriber count is going up VERY slowly over the past year, I have become less bothered by the numbers somehow.. because at the end of the day I enjoy making youtube videos, I mostly do it for myself so if anyone else sees them then that's good! But I'm not that caught up in views, only if my views/subs go down a LOT i'd be more likely to think along the lines of 'what did I do now...'
but honestly numbers aren't important, as a hobby, it shouldn't really matter what your sub count is or what amount of views your getting as long as you are happy with making content the way you are, the more bogged down you get with views the less your channel reflects you, because you stress about making videos that other people are going to like and not necessarily videos that YOU are going to actually enjoy creating.