TO FOCUSED ON NUMBERS?

gerard loughran

I've Got It
Reaction score
YouTube is just a hobbie I enjoy making family videos and enjoy editing. Of course I'd glance at numbers of views and subs etc
Was just wondering does anyone just focus on it and let it effect how they feel, like happy if you gain or sad and upset If the numbers never change?

oPunkin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
With my old channel, I never let the numbers get to me. I just kept uploading vids because it was fun until I couldn't keep up anymore because of school and work.

Reactions: gerard loughran

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I am a very statistical guy, a lot of the joy of youtube for me is the analytics/SEO part. I love writing sketches and sharing my (philosophical) thoughts, drawing and editing is fun too, but i love the reward to see the next day how well my videos did. Since i share a lot through reddit most (about 60%) of my viewers are american - so when i upload in the european evening i get to see real results not until the next day - and then im really happy if 50 people liked my video enough to like it on reddit or youtube and 4-5 enjoyed it enough to even subscribe !
The numbers are my feedback, like a grade is a feedback in school.
And i love it !

ocslushie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
People say to not focus on numbers. I think that they are wrong, but their hearts are in the right place. Every since I started focusing on numbers, I gained about 200 subs in 2-3 months. I wanted more views and subs so I worked harder to get them. I did everything to maximize my audience and I check my analytics like 20+ a day. I guess I'm a bit obsessed haha.

georgia grace

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
youtube is just a creative outlet for me and a place to attempt to share my life experiences so that it may eventually help someone else- it's always nice when more people watch but i don't even really check out my analytics. i don't think it's inherently bad as long as you keep it positive :)

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I love numbers. A good advice is to only compare your channel to others only slightly ahead of yours, or only channels who you truly believe you can chase. This will prevent you from getting depressed. And if a channel becomes out of your reach, simply choose another channel to compete with.

MasterDF

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
YouTube is just a hobbie I enjoy making family videos and enjoy editing. Of course I'd glance at numbers of views and subs etc
Was just wondering does anyone just focus on it and let it effect how they feel, like happy if you gain or sad and upset If the numbers never change?
I do consider this fun and something I do in the side. Admittedly i check to much but I just can't help myself. if I lose a sub I do get a little upset and focus on regaining it.. I'm not obsessive but I'm always so curious :×

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you focus on the numbers too much it will start to affect your content when the numbers are not moving in the direction you want them to move. I have been going through a slowdown in viewership and subscriber gain the past few months. Does it demotivate? Sure, it does to some degree, no one wants less views. But it doesn't affect me to the point it is debilitating.

LifeWithKristen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think people focus on numbers because in a sense it's rewarding for them to see that people are viewing their content, but at the same time its really important to enjoy what you're doing, as that is what will keep you going and keep you motivated :)

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't focus on numbers too much. Keep pushing forward and those subs / view counts will come in.