Title question

Tristanstulce

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I am currently trying to figure out a title for a youtube video I am making.

Its an informative video, about a service in my industry. Most people who have made videos about this have been promoting it, saying it does wonders, while I am against using this service, and have researched a lot about the negatives in using it. My viewpoint isn't the typical.

My question is, do I name it something along the lines of "____ is a scam" Where the viewer immediately knows what I am against it, or should I go for a more neutral title approach with "Does ___ actually work" "Is ___ worth it?"

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First thing I would do is check to see if anyone searches for phrases like that. Just type them into the search bar and see what it suggests to autocomplete. Especially "Is __ worth it?" often gets searched on YouTube, but there might be a different wording. Maybe they don't if they all like the service, but if you can tap into a phrase that people are searching for that could be a nice bonus. Any of those 3 phrases have good click appeal, but I will say that if you call it a scam in the title and you are a very minority opinion you could get more people immediately dismissing your argument than with other titles. I think it comes down to a compromise between getting people to hear you out rather than immediately writing you off vs still implying that your opinion is something they need to watch.

There are other title approaches you could take too, it depends on what the service is as to what phrases would make sense. Things like "5 things that are Wrong with ____" or "Why you should reconsider ____" or "You should know THIS if you use ___". Lots of different ways you could do it.

Reactions: Tristanstulce

vitofaber

I've Got It
Reaction score
if you sure it scam, title should name scam.
are you sure?