• Total voters

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have a vlog/travel series going on (so far I just have 1 video). I originally planned to title the series "Through The Lens" (the first episode already has this not only in the title, but mentioned in the video itself). I really liked this title but it has been brought to my attention that this title doesn't really tell viewers what the videos will be about. It also doesn't play well into the YouTube SEO, and they suggested I change the titles to "Exploring With Brett". I really want my videos to be seen but I don't want to be lost in the crowd. What do you think I should do?

TN7

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think you should stick with "Through The Lens." If you don't want to get lost in the crowd, better off making yourself stand out right? It'll help you in the long run. As for the SEO, you could try adding more to the title. For example, "Through The Lens - Best Farmers Market?" (or something like that idk.) Anyways hope this helps and good luck!

Reactions: Michael Masters

Ida Skye

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Use your thumbnails to make it clear what the video is about. Keep the "Through the lens" title and make good use of the tags.

Reactions: Michael Masters

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I know what you mean about titling the first video in the series with the actual name of the series. I just had this exact same dilemma. What I decided was to title the video according to the content (for relevance and SEO) and then add the name of the series in parentheses just after the title. I'm not sure if this was a good idea or not. I'll probably start a new thread to get advice on using the name of the series in the title, since I've been getting mixed feedback on it.

Also, Sunny Lenarduzzi has a great article about how-to-get-your-first-1000-youtube-subscribers (see tip #2 in the article for great advice on how to use titles)
Sorry that I couldn't post a link here.

Reactions: TN7