Tips on finding viewers for your niche topics?

HeathenMagic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey guys and gals!
I've done what I thought was impossible and found a niche in making videos of something I love; which is magic. Now I'm having a very hard time in actually getting the people who would watch magic tutorials, vlog and tips to actually watch. I've tried posting to my instagram where I have a very small magician following (approx 100 followers) as well as my facebook page and twitter. Do you guys have any tips on how to better promote myself to a small community like this?

Tom theWildlife

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi @HearthenMagic
I am in the same boat just doing nature and wildlife instead. I believe this is a blessing and a curse as in one hand we are not in the flooded marketed for gamers and others other popular YouTube topics with high competition. On the flip side,however, it is a little bit harder to find an audience for your channel. Although I am still small here is what I would recommend:

1. Make good content (people will only watch you if your content is good)
2.Share to your friends (they are a great way to get those initial subs)
3. Have a presence on forums and Social media dedicated to magic. (try reddit, facebook groups, anywhere where you feel people would enjoy your content (BUT DON"T SPAM))
4.Try find other small magic channels and comment and support them (build a community of similar content as it helps them and it will help you as well)
5.Don't give up (although it can be discouraging in the beginning, no one starts big)
6.Enjoy the ride (You get produce videos on your passion, its a privilege, if you aren't enjoying yourself you are doing something wrong.

In my opinion 5 and 6 are the most important. Its hard work starting a new YouTube Channel but it is also fun so don't forget that. On point 1 just make sure each video is better than the last and you are doing great!

I have subscribed and look forward to more content from you. Good luck!

Reactions: vMinti
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat aa you I have created something really unique for my channel but finding it hard to find the audiance but as Tomtgewildlife mentioned just enjoy what you do and subs will come eventually.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was also in thesame situation a couple of months back but I started following this strategy here yttalk.com/posts/2174052 and things changed. I started getting more views and subs. Try it....It might help you too