Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Tips on Creating an Appealing Channel Banner (2014)

Discussion in 'Branding & Design' started by Brodie, Jan 2, 2013.

1. TA5
    TA5
    Hit your two hands together for TA5!!!
    Cash:
    $89
    I uploaded a 300 dpi cover.....its was a very High definition picture and it looks very HD when i open it in Windows Picture viewer.......
    But when i upload it on Youtube,,, it looks a little blurred....Not very blurred...but it does look odd........
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 14, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 14, 2014 ---
    I Think the video matters...not the banner........
    But still.....you need a good banner if you want your channel to look nice and tidy :)

2. ItsVahola
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $116
    Thanks for the great advice. I recently figured out how to make thumbnails for my videos..soon I'll want to start learning how to do the channel banner and background.

3. KevinKien
    Cash:
    $0
    thanks for the advice

ItsVahola likes this.
  4. Danilo Barros
    Cash:
    $0
    I need a change not that urgent, but my channel is too dark / mysterious haha, people noticed, seems to be a good thing ...

5. Ryan Ancona
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $36
    Thanks for these. Thy are going to be a great help when i take the time to make myself a nice banner

6. Brodie
    YTTalk Shape Shifter
    Cash:
    $2,107
    oh wow it looks really nice :D The whole design and colours work really well :)

7. Somer Nelson
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $70
    Thanks for all your great tips. I'm looking to redo mine. I paid someone on fiverr to do it and he made me look all weird:(

8. Brodie
    YTTalk Shape Shifter
    Cash:
    $2,107
    Oh is that the banner you have just now? Looks like the avatar on it is just out of proportion, if you mask it out and stretch it on the Y axis on photoshop it should look a little less obscure :p

Somer Nelson likes this.
  9. Somer Nelson
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $70
    I think I want to just switch it up altogether:)

10. tcodina
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $0
    Epic tips, very useful I have to say! But I think you missed a very important part ~ The dimensions of the channel banner. It would be nice to include them here, and to mention that for every device (TV, PC, tablet, mobile...) the banner will look different. I think that's what people would like to know, first of all, when creating a banner :) But hey, that was great anyways ;)

Brodie likes this.