Tips on a Lets play/gaming channel?

Jezx

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey all
I just started my channel, and was wondering if anyone had any tips on the way to make videos?
Stuff like how long your videos should be, if I should do my voice in a separate audio file, how you edit it?
Any information would be incredibly helpful!
Thank you :)

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Have fun!!!!:stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp:[DOUBLEPOST=1544080559,1544080520][/DOUBLEPOST]Play what interests you but don't be afraid of a few new genres here and there

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really depends on what you're going to do. For a lot of commentary, I talk directly to the camera. If I'm reviewing or going in depth about something I game, I do separate audio.

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First off, what type of videos do you make, and don't say gaming, cause there are so many types of gaming videos out there that it would take forever to explain how to make and edit every type of gaming video. For me, I make funny moments, which has actually been getting more and more popular lately, and they are pretty simple to edit, unless you're like me and get an effect in mind, and spend 3 hours trying to perfect it. Personally, I record audio and video separately, put both onto the timeline in my editor, sync the two up, cut up the video into the clips I want, which normally takes around 1.5x the length of the actual recording, and then start randomly dragging the tracks into different parts of the video, based on whether they all are part of one joke, or on how funny they are. Then, I start adding subtitles and adjusting the audio levels for all the clips so that nothing is too loud or too quiet. Then, I add music and re-adjust the audio, which normally doesn't take that long but helps me catch any other steps I missed. Finally, I add any special effects or animations that I want into the video, which I normally mark where I want them with markers. It's a long process but very worth it. If you want to make funny moments videos, however, I highly recommend that you watch other YouTubers who do the same thing. I would recommend KryozGaming, Smii7y, Fitz, and SovietWombie because even though they all have different editing styles they still all make the same type of content, and you can see examples of how to edit certain clips.

Reactions: Slage

Gerald Z

Reaction score
personally, for me, I like to have everything isolated and independent, makes editing more flexible and easier for me. as I like having control over what I place in the video. and also depends if you are recording from pc and/or console.

Jjisawesome25698

Reaction score
Hey all
I just started my channel, and was wondering if anyone had any tips on the way to make videos?
Stuff like how long your videos should be, if I should do my voice in a separate audio file, how you edit it?
Any information would be incredibly helpful!
Thank you :)
Not sure if this is helpful but this is what I do.
1. My videos tend to be between 7 and 15 minutes. Anytime between then is cool.
2. I do my video and audio as one file. Seems to work fine.
3. I edit using Sony vegas movie studio platinum 15.0, which is really good. It cost me £45(don't know if you're American, if you are $59.99). It can do most things that vegas pro can do. For me, it does transitions, facecam border, facecam footage overlay,lower thirds & other overlays.
4. Random thing you didn't ask for. If you are going to be doing let's plays, do bullet point scripts. I have a YTtalk thread on this.
Hope this helps!
Thanks
J

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Not sure if this is helpful but this is what I do.
1. My videos tend to be between 7 and 15 minutes. Anytime between then is cool.
2. I do my video and audio as one file. Seems to work fine.
3. I edit using Sony vegas movie studio platinum 15.0, which is really good. It cost me £45(don't know if you're American, if you are $59.99). It can do most things that vegas pro can do. For me, it does transitions, facecam border, facecam footage overlay,lower thirds & other overlays.
4. Random thing you didn't ask for. If you are going to be doing let's plays, do bullet point scripts. I have a YTtalk thread on this.
Hope this helps!
Thanks
J
Weren't you the one asking for help just a few weeks ago? XD

FawX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
  1. Do you have an NVidia GPU? If yes then you have free recording software via Geforce Experience (highly recommend)
  2. Yes, record your Mic separate to your game audio, it will help when editing.
  3. Audacity is the best FREE audio editing software out there.
  4. Edit your videos with Hitfilm Express, again best FREE video editing software out there
  5. What kind of videos? Thats up to you my dude.