Tips I can use to improve!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out today to see if you all had tips that I can use to improve my channel. I'm currently at 91 subs and things have come to a screeching halt! I'm just 9 subs away from reaching my first milestone and would love for you all to critique my videos and let me know areas I could improve my channel.

If anyone would be willing, I would love to hear some honest feedback. I know I post gaming videos and that market is competitive and hard to gain notoriety in, but I do love it. Any and all suggestions would definitely be a big help to me at this point, as I've pretty much been doing my own thing without any constructive feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Shadowknight Mike

Niels Cornelissen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'd say first things first; turn 'browse mode' on for your channel. It gives you much more control over your channel and makes it look a lot more professonial.

Second, make your intro shorter. If the first five seconds of your videos feature silence and a slowly burning bomb, there's a big chance people will click through before even watching your content. Your intro isn't bad at all; I'd just leave out the burning fuse.

Other than that you are doing really well!

Reactions: Shadowknight Mike
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great advice! I'll definitely be taking your suggestions to heart and shortening my intro and also turning on browse mode. This advice is very much appreciated!

Reactions: Niels Cornelissen

DougieBoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great advice! I'll definitely be taking your suggestions to heart and shortening my intro and also turning on browse mode. This advice is very much appreciated!
Yeah just like Niels said your intro is way to long. If people don't see what they are looking for in 3-5 seconds, they'll leave. I had a intro and removed it completely. Do you plan on doing commentary or are your videos just going to be gameplay without commentary? If not, then specify that in your title so people will only click on your channel if they are looking for a video without commentary. Example (Dirt Rally VR (no commentary)). Your channel intro video, cool music but it left me wondering exactly what your channel was about, and If I thought that, then I'm guessing I wouldn't be the only one.

Very cool music though, love the dubstep.

Niels Cornelissen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Yeah just like Niels said your intro is way to long. If people don't see what they are looking for in 3-5 seconds, they'll leave. I had a intro and removed it completely. Do you plan on doing commentary or are your videos just going to be gameplay without commentary? If not, then specify that in your title so people will only click on your channel if they are looking for a video without commentary. Example (Dirt Rally VR (no commentary)). Your channel intro video, cool music but it left me wondering exactly what your channel was about, and If I thought that, then I'm guessing I wouldn't be the only one.

gotta agree on the dubstep

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out today to see if you all had tips that I can use to improve my channel. I'm currently at 91 subs and things have come to a screeching halt! I'm just 9 subs away from reaching my first milestone and would love for you all to critique my videos and let me know areas I could improve my channel.

If anyone would be willing, I would love to hear some honest feedback. I know I post gaming videos and that market is competitive and hard to gain notoriety in, but I do love it. Any and all suggestions would definitely be a big help to me at this point, as I've pretty much been doing my own thing without any constructive feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Shadowknight Mike

Hi Mike, welcome to YTtalk.

I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :)

For future reference: - Please note that the review forum is the only forum where active YTtalk members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork) at the rate of no more than 1 request per week. We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If the review request complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then they get approved by a member of staff.

Reactions: Shadowknight Mike
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Thanks so much for the advice![DOUBLEPOST=1487807240,1487807203][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi Mike, welcome to YTtalk.

I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :)

For future reference: - Please note that the review forum is the only forum where active YTtalk members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork) at the rate of no more than 1 request per week. We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If the review request complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then they get approved by a member of staff.
Duly noted!

Reactions: Crown and DougieBoy